to remember for your family ....and not just another Football and Parade Day?
LadyLouisiana LadyLouisiana 56-60, F 9 Answers Oct 5, 2012 in Community

In our house it out ranks other holidays. It is not about gifts and expectations. <br />
It is about family, friends and food.

Best Answer

thanks

Best Answer

On Thanksgiving, one of the things I am thankful for is that this holiday has not been marketed to death and taken over by the media as yet another excuse to sell us loads of plastic Chinese trinkets and thousands of dollars worth of household decorations, such as giant plastic Easter eggs to go on the lawn...or great huge inflatable Santa Clauses waving their giant arms up and down with wind machines to make them go...or plastic reindeer or orange webbing for your bushes or fake styrofoam tombstones for your lawn.<br />
ALL I need is to see a ten foot inflatable turkey propelled by it's own wind machine out on someone's lawn, bobbing it's plastic head up and down, with a neighborhood-wide recording blasting "GobbleGobbleGobble".

Best Answer

Yeah the stores do push the seasons pretty quick now, Hell come mid December they'll be putting the garden stuff and swimsuits back out

Best Answer

yep.....

Best Answer

pumpkin...pumpkin....PUMPKIN! The store I work in doesn't give it little attention, in fact, I end up having nightmares about pumpkins once it's all over. Pumkin bread..pumpkin pie... pumpkin this... pumpkin that...

Best Answer

I hate thanksgiving. The food is gross. (I'm a vegetarian), and it's cold as hell. If ya know what i mean.

Best Answer