Manorkill1 Manorkill1 56-60, M 5 Answers Dec 12, 2013 in Community

The American dream

Best Answer

I thought that was YOU Lit. ; }

Best Answer

Haha! More like the American dreamer!!

Best Answer

Always like that about you fellow citizen. *grin*

Best Answer

Haha :) Hail fellow citizen ;)

Best Answer

Sixty %!!! Incredible....surely the main reason for working is to house and feed oneself?If the wage earnt is not enough to even cover the bare basics,then theres something very,very wrong.Good morning my friend ;)

Best Answer

There is something very, very wrong with America.

Best Answer

Its the same here in the UK too.

Best Answer

You're much better off in the UK than most people in the US.

Best Answer

That may be the case,but I believe both are governed by depraved minds.

Best Answer

I think the UK and US have more in common culturally and economically then they ever have before.

Best Answer

Agreed.

Best Answer

United Kingdom (62,640,000) Australia (23,000,000)
U.S.A. (314,000,000)

Best Answer

Or underemployment. If you only work 20 hours a week, its tough to feed yourself.

Best Answer

That's true. Full-time entry level jobs are nearly non-existent around here.

Best Answer

I was down to 30 or 35 hours for awhile. That sucks.

Best Answer

People here are lucky to get 20-25 hours. Many work two jobs if they have a family to support.

Best Answer

Yeah, the problem is a lot of places have awkward schedules that make it hard to have a second job.

Best Answer

That too.

Best Answer

The minimum wage in the US is a joke. Here in Australia it is close to $17 p/hr. It allows even our lowest paid citizens to live with some small amount of dignity.

Best Answer

Republicans in the US are quite proud of our minimum wage. They defend it like it was their child.

Best Answer

Redumblicans are idiots. Just about everything they claim would ruin America we already have here in Australia. We have universal healthcare. We have a comprehensive welfare system. We have as I pointed out a minimum wage more than double that in the US. Our universities don't cost anyone a cent up front. Any of our citizens can get tertiary educated regardless of their wealth. We also have some of the strictest gun control laws in the world!The list goes on and on. And yet Australian's have a median net wealth per capita 6 times that of American's. We are currently the richest people on the planet. 3 of our capital cities make into the top 10 most liveable cities in the world including the #1 spot. Not one US city makes it into the top 30. Maybe one day Redumblicans will wake up to their stupidity but I doubt it.

Best Answer

Yeah if drug dealing is a job.

Best Answer

So most of them are drug dealers?

Best Answer

There will be a lot more with the expendable cash that people will get. Obama is really just going to give everyone another black eye. They will have lower food stamps and higher health care in that they will make more.

Best Answer