How did this lie begin, since the correct figure is less than half of 1%.
tommiatkins tommiatkins 51-55, M 8 Answers Sep 2 in Health

Good question. Some women's rights group getting a bit aggressive with the numbers?

Best Answer

Thanks for the best answer.

Best Answer

That seems ludicrous.

Best Answer

I agree with you.....many women do not seek help for their injuries..

Best Answer

Too true.

Best Answer

its too sad... sometimes we quote records and statistics, and they are meaningless... theres a hidden world of abuse out there..

Best Answer

I think it's 22-35% of the women married to NFL players.

Best Answer

Ooooo. You win.

Best Answer

Maybe to check out the damage they did?

Best Answer

Where did you read or hear this? Who said it? Can you track it back to its source? And where did you get the smaller stat?

Best Answer
Best Answer

I worked for an ER and women would come in with 'bruises' that were categorized as 'accidents'.....They refused to report their husbands to the ER personnel so that 'debunking' really isn't a good indicator or the violence women endure. I knew of a woman who got the living crap beat out of her during FB season but she WOULD NOT report her AH husband because she 'loved him'.

Best Answer

That number is horse crap, probably numbers taken from a small sampling. DV isn't funny. People with agendas always skew numbers to get their cause looked at. Here's a number that you can try to look up? DV cases go UP after the superbowl....way up.

Best Answer

That has been proven wrong, they actually go down during all sports events.

Best Answer

I guess what I saw in the ER was special effects?

Best Answer

Are you suggesting that the Super Bowl abuse has any credibility?

Best Answer

Yes, I worked for an ER for 9 years. Back in the day, women would come in and lie about their injuries, Now? Personnel are told to report suspected DV, so women won't come in for fear of getting the cops involved.

Best Answer

I am not defending violence against anyone, of any gender....Spopes;

"So, on what day of the year is domestic violence against women most prevalent, if not Super Bowl Sunday? It appears there isn't one particular day on which domestic violence peaks, but rather there are particular times of year when the rates shoot up. For example, a 2006 study published in the Handbook of Sports and Media that examined over 1.3 million domestic violence police reports from every day of the year in 15 NFL cities found only a very small rise in domestic violence dispatches on (or just after) Super Bowl Sunday but nearly a quintupling of domestic violence police dispatch reports around major holidays such as Christmas.
Read more at http://www.snopes.com/crime/statistics/superbowl.asp#uO7SWThqLo7cVpCI.99

Best Answer

I was probably on penis when I was at work, extrapolating reported numbers is quite different than seeing a woman show up with her face smashed in and bruises on her arms.

Best Answer

Do you believe 22%-35% of women visiting the emergency room are domestic violence victims? That is what this is about, not weather it happens or how awful it is, just the truth please.

Best Answer

No, that number is horsecrap, I stated that before... It is miniscule because of the reporting that HAS to be done. 22-35 is probably a number from a woman's group that took the numbers from one ER after the super bowl - the only people that show up are the drunks that fight, get into car wrecks or fall down and a few DV victims. So If you get 8 people in the ER a few hours AFTER the game and and two are DV cases, you get your 25% number.

Best Answer

You can massage any numbers to get a result you want?

Best Answer