kittylin kittylin 22-25, F 9 Answers Nov 14, 2012 in Education

They've switched from teaching cursive writing to typing. It used to be offices commonly had secretaries to do all the typing, but this is the computer age and if you don't know how to type it's a serious disadvantage.

Best Answer

I'd say it's wrong to eliminate it. I do spend most of my work day on a computer, but I also manually write notes for myself and others as well. We're getting more and more technologically advanced, but I don't believe we've eliminated the need for cursive writing.

Best Answer

Cursive is important. If you have to follow someone around writing memos for your own benefit (like I did when I first started my job) and since most people don't study shorthand cursive is a lot faster than printing. I also make little memos all the time for things I am doing on a computer, it's a lot faster and easy to jot down a memo and have it right where you can see it instead of opening up wordpad or something to make or look at a memo in there.

Best Answer

To get to top positions in this dog eat dog world, you have to be able to write cursively

Best Answer

because signatures in print look ridiculous

Best Answer

Wrong it's used alot still

Best Answer

yea, but there are some areas that are implementing the use of computers rather than teaching cursive-

Best Answer

Yeah but kids can learn computers at home

Best Answer

i know but schools change their teaching criteria from time to time- (for example- it wasn't always that some schools taught evolution)

Best Answer

Yeah but change isn't always good how many kids know the Pledge of Allegiance now?

Best Answer

true- change has many uncertainties- plus it Depends where you ask- and it depends on what version you mean- with or without (Under God)

Best Answer

Didn't know they modified yeah opinions like History depends on who you're talking to

Best Answer

yeah- that issue of modification was a "hot topic" a while back when i was much younger (I agree with you on the History issue)

Best Answer

Yeah I bet all that playing with History is hurtful to the kids but there's so many versions of everything including the truth

Best Answer

true- (but for me the only absolute truth is you live once- so enjoy life- because to respect and work hard is to prosper- .......... everything is worthless the only thing you can take from life is what you learned)

Best Answer

You're lucky I don't believe in reincarnation lol but I think Immortality can be achieved through art "Quoth the raven,nevermore"Poe

Best Answer