I think they would never look at me the same....and I mean that in a very bad way.
SkippingTheGoldenYears SkippingTheGoldenYears 18-21, F 14 Answers Apr 25, 2012

in an ideal world, there would be no need for "coming out"

.........you would already be accepted, valued, understood.

in this real, prejudiced world

.................. make your own choice

........................for your self

............................not for others

................................you have a right to feel safe

................................... to be whom you are

you unique and special and important

just find it.... it's ther deep inside you

with my respect, what ever your choices

from robbie

Best Answer

Homosexual, heterosexual... seriously, why are there so many people that care about this nonsense? It doesn't matter, it shouldn't matter. If someone tells you that he is gay or bi or whatever, does that change the person? I don't think so. And it certainly is ok to come out, if you want to, that is. Everyone should walk his own path and no-one is to interfer until this path might injure someone without a good reason. Don't force yourself to go against your own free will, just do what you want to, put behind what you don't want to do and don't consider what others might think. You should live for yourself, not for the so-called moral of other persons. If you want to hide something, go ahead. If you want to speak about it, go ahead. The only thing one shouldn't do is telling persons they are gay, bi or whatever in order to shock them.

Best Answer

I don't see why they need to know. They don't have to know everything about your life

Best Answer

Bah, sexual labels.

They're bullshit. Cultural artifacts that have little or no relation to the truth of a human soul.

Love who you love and don't apologize, explain, or worry about it.

The only person who has a "need to know" right to understand your sexuality is your current partner or target. It's nobody else's business.

Only you can know if the time is right for you in any given context. The rest of the world can know or not know when and if it suits YOUR needs.

Best Answer

Well it all depends... I personally would NEVER tell my parents that I am Bi... then again my father is a preacher who would most likely kick me out and disown me... Maybe im right, maybe im wrong but I am not gona take that chance and find out >_>;

Best Answer

Your fathers a preacher? Damn, I feel slightly less unlucky now

Best Answer

Are you buy or a Les.?

Best Answer

I'd say I'm bi, but sometimes my feelings for girls are stronger and vice versa...it's a bit confusing for me

Best Answer

Dont tell them untill you have your own place. And just go with it.

Best Answer

I'm 38 and a bi-sexual man who is leaning towards gay more all the time. I also crossdress in whatever form I can at any given time, paint my nails and sometimes wear light make-up, I also have 9 earrings (7 left, 2 right) I have never told my folks but I told my sister I xdress and she accepted it well. As I think back on my life I really don't believe my mom and dad would be shocked or real surprised. I'm not afraid of telling them as much as seeing it as respect for them.

Best Answer

if you're never comfortable telling them about it, i don't think it's a big deal. also, if you know that they won't accept you because of it, it may just be better to not say anything.

Best Answer

Exactly

Best Answer

Absolutely. Your sexual desires aren't under their domain.

Best Answer

Very true lol

Best Answer

You know your parents best. In some instances I've seen where things were less awkward without the person officially "coming out". My cousin brings his "roommate" of 25 years to all of the family functions and both are welcomed warmly by everyone. Personally I think people should be able to say what is what and be who they are, but sometimes for the sake of harmony you have to meet loved ones where THEY are.

Best Answer

Yea, I think I may let them find out on their own...

Best Answer

It's none of their business.

Best Answer

Haha, I think they'd beg to differ

Best Answer

Your parents should accept you for who you are - not for what you've become ;)

I have a friend on here similar to your age and she was having issues with her sexuality and "coming out" - well, I was able to convince her that she will never be comfortable hiding her secret from her friends and family so she came out. She is the happiest I've seen her yet and I couldn't be prouder because now she sleeps comfortably without that weight on her shoulders :)

Best Answer

Hmm, I'm glad for her, but I have so many other problems going on, I think it might throw them over the edge...they won't disown me or anything but they will either be really pissed or not believe me.

Best Answer

OR.......maybe they'll respect you enough that you took the plunge and told them. Do you believe it's something they've been suspecting? If your parents truly love you, they will accommodate you in my opinion. Sure, it's a tough thing to have to do, but in the end - YOUR comfort level needs to be addressed. Also, perhaps it's not the appropriate time to tell them as I don't know your personal situation. Feel free to email me though and we can discuss. I've got to run home to make sure no one broke into my house :P

Best Answer

Lol, gee I hope no one broke in...yea now is not a good time to tell them...then again, no time will be a good time

Best Answer