Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness ... unless you're a p e d o p h i l e.

Best Answer

I wasn't clear enough. More accurately, from where does a right derive? Not simply the constitution, because before that was written, the writers had to decide what to put in it. From where do rights originally derive?

Best Answer

From landowners who were willing to relinquish power.

Best Answer

So land owners are the source of rights? How did they get that power? If I take some one's land to I have the power to make rights then? I think there might be a deeper source.

Best Answer

The golden rule: He who has the gold, rules. Traditionally people had to own land to vote. In agrarian times land was food and food was survival. Land owners made the rules and called the shots and had the power.

Best Answer

Owning something is kind of a right though, isn't it? They can't be the source of rights if they need a right to have any control. What's to stop people from just taking their things? Just the force of their arms? That would mean that rights come from force.

Best Answer

Might makes right.

Best Answer

A entitlement

Best Answer

The opposite of left

Best Answer

in relative to whatever is "wrong"...<br />
the thing which can be right for u ..is not necessarily right for others...<br />
so in my perception lol! its a persistent illusion..where ur reality is different from mine!

Best Answer

something that you must be permitted to do.

Best Answer

I am, obviously.

Best Answer