KnightOfJustice KnightOfJustice 18-21, M 12 Answers Oct 23, 2012 in Community

You can google the Man on a roof, story but I will try to make it short here.<br />
A man is on his roof during a rising flood, a man with a row boat comes by and offer to help him, the man replies "No my God will save me"<br />
The water is now at his knees, a man comes by in a motor boat, he too offers to help, again the man refuses, his God will save him.<br />
The water is at his chest, a helicopter comes by, more help is offered he refuses again, cos he believes his God will save him.<br />
Finally a wave sweeps him off and he dies. He goes to heaven and is angry at God, he asks him "Lord why did you not save me" ? God replies " What do you mean? I sent two boats and a helicopter" !!<br />
So only an idiot thinks just prayer alone will help, you pray to God for the guidance and strength to help you, but it takes action on your part as well. I don't know anyone that does as you suggest.

Best Answer

prayer is generally used because it's not possible for a human to do , but is possible for God

Best Answer

Why not do both?

Best Answer

UNACCEPTABLE

Best Answer

With such a narrowminded view, I could see that...lol.

Best Answer

Because I cannot work miracles myself in wishing for someone to regain their full health.

Best Answer

i tried to reinvent myself over and over again, but the horrible people from my past kept coming after me and ruining everything...so i gave up

Best Answer

Do both. You can really psych out your opponent by striking a pose and/or just shouting a request for divine strength.

Best Answer

Works for me

Best Answer

Are you crazy? That would require work!

Best Answer

I do what I can. Talking to myself in my head never helped anything.

Best Answer