KnightOfJustice KnightOfJustice 18-21, M 12 Answers Oct 23, 2012 in Community

You can google the Man on a roof, story but I will try to make it short here.

A man is on his roof during a rising flood, a man with a row boat comes by and offer to help him, the man replies "No my God will save me"

The water is now at his knees, a man comes by in a motor boat, he too offers to help, again the man refuses, his God will save him.

The water is at his chest, a helicopter comes by, more help is offered he refuses again, cos he believes his God will save him.

Finally a wave sweeps him off and he dies. He goes to heaven and is angry at God, he asks him "Lord why did you not save me" ? God replies " What do you mean? I sent two boats and a helicopter" !!

So only an idiot thinks just prayer alone will help, you pray to God for the guidance and strength to help you, but it takes action on your part as well. I don't know anyone that does as you suggest.

Best Answer

prayer is generally used because it's not possible for a human to do , but is possible for God

Best Answer

Why not do both?

Best Answer

UNACCEPTABLE

Best Answer

With such a narrowminded view, I could see that...lol.

Best Answer

Because I cannot work miracles myself in wishing for someone to regain their full health.

Best Answer

i tried to reinvent myself over and over again, but the horrible people from my past kept coming after me and ruining everything...so i gave up

Best Answer

Do both. You can really psych out your opponent by striking a pose and/or just shouting a request for divine strength.

Best Answer

Works for me

Best Answer

Are you crazy? That would require work!

Best Answer

I do what I can. Talking to myself in my head never helped anything.

Best Answer

im not doing either...

Best Answer

You're lying, you can't fool anyone

Best Answer

oh am i? ha ha ha well i aint prayed since i was a child nor am i going out trying to make things better i give up with all that nonsense.. im just living my life taking each day as it comes

Best Answer