tbaskco tbaskco 41-45, M 19 Answers Oct 11, 2012 in Hobbies

This is a good question, and one I have heard many times. Having studied anthropology, I can say there is evidence to support it. I think its more awareness of the world that causes depression. There was a case study done in the 1950s in the Amazon jungle with a native group. They stated that before being taught to read they thought the jungle was the world, but after learning to read, they realized they had nothing and were poor. Their concept of their place in the world changed and led to depression. This was not a change in their intelligence, but a change in their awareness or understanding.

Best Answer

that's true...its called paralysis by analysis...we all have 2 learn to let go and let God...thanks for reminding me")

Best Answer

mm agreed, especially emotional intelligence

Best Answer

Does it count if I have seen stupid people who are just sad?

Best Answer

It does seem to go together. I have a higher IQ and have been prone to depression in the past and known a few others the same way. Maybe somehow the intelligence lets the mind look at the world a little too clearly, and the world is hard, and thus encouraging depression. But also depression can really be an inherited disorder...

Best Answer

I suffer from Depression so I'm not going to say your wrong - Love to think I'm above the rest. but it is only "Think" and I'm not stupid enough to believe I'm above anyone - I don't think I'm stupid, but who is - Ask the wrong question to ANYONE and they can look stupid. I know answers to questions you never even thought of, But so do YOU (Know answers to Q I haven't asked) we are Human and make mistakes, look silly,even stupid at times, but thats us - can't do nowt about it.

Best Answer

I don't know....Jury's out here. But then I'm an agnostic too so obviously have trouble with decisions! :)

Best Answer

very true- some people like to be in the bubble of ignorant bliss

Best Answer

Are you comparing innocent too stupid...just trying to clarify what you are saying

Best Answer

Need to differentiate between emotions and intelligence.<br />
Even a stupid person would be sad because of emotions.<br />
While an intelligent person who suppresses his/her emotions...would be more of a machine who never are sad or happy...<br />
I disagree...

Best Answer

lol...

Best Answer

Yes,I generally agree.

Best Answer

Agree

Best Answer