My dad and I are both on the same internet connection, yet his computer won't connect to the internet. His virus scan is all up to date, nothing bad is shown. Any ideas as to what the problem could be? It's not a wireless connection.
O38OO2661677 O38OO2661677 36-40 13 Answers Aug 27, 2012 in Hobbies

Simple basics first ... is his monitor on

Best Answer

yes and the computer is plugged in.

Best Answer

modem restart it

Best Answer

Tried that, good suggestion though.

Best Answer

Little more info would help, like what the setup is at your house. So you have a modem, how about a router and/or switch?

Since you get internet connection, the issue most likely is residing on your dad machine. Does his internet connection state "unidentified network" possibly?

You can also try to power cycle the devices:

First power off/shut down all computers in home -

1. Power off router and/or switch

2. Unplug modem for 30 seconds, plug back in, wait for modem to come online by verifying the Internet light is solid.

3. Power on router and/or switch.

4. Power on all computers and devices one at a time.

Best Answer

Switch cables. IF your computer doesn't come online, it's the cable

Best Answer

sounds like daddy's got a bug to me. y not just call ur isp ? ,,,that's part of what u pay them for,,,

Best Answer

They don't give free service for home networks, only the basic internet connection coming into the home. I know I work for one.

Best Answer

check the internet connections in control panel and make sure everything is ok

Best Answer

there are too many variables.

is it wifi? which operating system? does it work if you are not connected? etc

Best Answer

Yup dat aught 2 dew it.

Best Answer

Not enough bandwidth for two computers basically your internet is too slow for two computers

Best Answer

It's worked all the time before though.

Best Answer

internet speed fluctuates like in evening hours and weekends you'll experience lesser speed

Best Answer

Yep.

Best Answer