sure is u will still be making more money than u are spending and forty miles round trip is nothing i lived in san fran and it used to take me two hours to cross golden gate bridge so take job get some green in your jeans and feel good cause u are working <br />
hey can u take bus is lots cheaper and easier on your vehicle

Best Answer

The bus would take forever. The total distance per month would be at least 880 miles per month at a cost of $150 if condititions are perfect.

Best Answer

Yes I've traveled for less than that. Something is better than nothing. You can look for a closer job at least in the meantime while you are still working. The only instance where I would say no is if that 20 miles to work/back involved LA traffic at the peaks of rush hour. You're not getting overtime for the hours of your life each day that you are losing to traffic so 11$ would not cut it for me.

Best Answer

Depends on the average speed of your trip, and the fuel efficiency of your vehicle as well as the cost of any other expenses directly caused by the fact that you have to make the trip. Also other jobs available, their equivalent hourly pay, and distance needed to travel (including expenses).

Best Answer

Yes it is.

Best Answer

How so?

Best Answer

If you get 20 miles a gallon, you can take 8 dollars off of 8*11 to get 80 a day. If you already have a job that pays $10/hr, keep it. If not, switch.

Best Answer

That is roughly one day a month spent solely on transportation to and from work. Not including wear and tear.

Best Answer

Would you be getting paid for that day otherwise? I live twenty miles away from Anchorage. Twenty miles further past me is Wasilla/Palmer and a -lot- of people commute 80 miles a day to work in Anchorage. It's normal to me.

Best Answer

I would be getting paid otherwise. My last commute was 1.7miles done by bike most of the time.

Best Answer

Maybe bring it up to your boss and ask for a raise.

Best Answer

Raises are suspended. Times are tight we are told. Which is why I was trying to leave this field. Looking for something more stable.

Best Answer

Open up shop and sell trinkets to dirty hipsters.

Best Answer

Hipsters are too cool for trinkets unless they are ironic, labelled with pbr, or indie.

Best Answer

Which is exactly what you'll be offering.

Best Answer

I'd rather sell organic pet sticks.

Best Answer

Friend, you are clearly an expert on the lowly hipster mind. You will be successful.

Best Answer

if you're asking for monetary gain, then that would depend on the hours per trip that you work. also, what gas mileage do you get? Do the math and see if you are gaining enough money. But what better job offers do you have? .....at least you have a job. lots of people are unemployed nowadays

Best Answer

I am trying to make a lateral shift. I want out of my current job. This one pays less and is about 20miles away. I get around 24mpg on good conditions, but the highway there is often jammed on both ways.

Best Answer

you gotta do exact math monetarily. But also put into consideration the work environment of now and potential job. B/c, even if you get the new job and make a little more money, if you hate the co-workers, policies, etc, then you may hate life.

Best Answer

It is socially irresponsible to commute that far in a single occupant vehicle. Could you move closer to work or work closer to home?

Best Answer

I just moved into this apartment. I used to ride my bike to work.

Best Answer

not at all

Best Answer

I tend to agree with you.

Best Answer

car pool man

Best Answer

I am the only one who lives in this direction. The job is still an offer.

Best Answer

well than man for lack of better words **** that

Best Answer

Do the math: what is your vehicles observed MPG?
what do you anticipate in vehicle maintenance costs.
Is it in dense traffic? Is it on open country roads?
How much time will it take? 40 minutes or 3 hours in traffic?

Best Answer