(My mom was 36 when she had me, but I was the last of 5.) Is it much harder to get pregnant then?
dejaentendu90 dejaentendu90 22-25, F 23 Answers Jun 5, 2012

I think its a great age. You've experienced life, maybe a little settled down and stable, it's win win! I have 4 kids. My first at 27 and my last at 38, and they are all perfectly wonderful kids. It's not harder when you're older, in fact, its more relaxed. I never had a problem getting pregnant, so I don't know the answer to that. Just be sure to keep yourself in shape, eat well and take your vitamins, and if you don't already do this, start before you get pregnant, so your body will be in tip top shape! Good luck!

Best Answer

nope. 40 years and up will be old and harder to have a baby

Best Answer

I think In this case there is no right or wrong answer simply because Its all ba<x>sed on each individuals personal experience or current situation....To say its good to have kids in your 30's because you are more established is NOT FACTUAL...Its Subjective....Ill be 28 and I was at a better point in my life financially etc. 5yrs ago then i am now...As many people i find myself Unemployed and Trying to Simply Stay Afloat So I dont think There is a "PERFECT AGE/TIME" to have kids....I really believe this all starts with the 2people involved...Have you reached a point in your life where YOUR really ready To settle down? Have you considered The lifestyle of your partner and if thats something you feel secure about? Are you comfortable where your at in your life and Simply feel Having Children is the FInal Step To bringing everything full circle? I would say only you truly know whats best for you, If your ready go with it, GOOD LUCK!

Best Answer

I don't see age as ever being a problem, first and most importantly it's always about the love. If there is love then I don't think anything could ever be bad. So I say deff no.

Best Answer

I think it's becoming the new normal to wait til your 30s to have kids. You're not considered of "Advanced maternal age" with more risks until you're 36+ so should be fine waiting til then. I am psyched about being done having kids at 26 so i can focus on my goals and other things in my 30s, but I have done things backwards from most and do wish i had waited a little longer sometimes. My husband's mom had him at 36(he's an only child) and my parents were 38/39 when I was born(though I am the youngest of 9) so I really don't think it's any harder or easier to get pregnant in your 30s than your 20s. I would call 45+ as getting too old for your first since pregnancy is much more risky and by the time the kids are older you might not have the energy to keep up(least not that you might have had at a younger age).

Best Answer

it's starting to get hard after the age of 35 for most women, though both of my half sisters had their first child after age 40 so it is possible. i will tell you though as a woman with experience with two children already who are both nearly in high school (i am nearly 35 now) you will wish you decided to remain child-free once you have them. i have known women who cried over every missed opportunity to get pregnant, every negative pregnancy test and every menstrual gave them the most aggrieved depression... and do you think these women were happy once they had their babies? probably yes, sometimes... that's the key word - sometimes. but these same ladies also have voiced regret and wishing they hadn't tried so hard to get pregnant, especially when daddy skipped the fence... as it happens in over 50% of marriages/unions. <br />
my advice? think VERY VERY hard about it. the odds are against you if you're in a relationship or marriage now of being a two-parent family for life. most women have children because they want a husband and family (or wife if lesbian) and MOST of them end up single parents within a few short years of having children. it is this tragedy that sets most women up for failure and so many of us would have avoided having children like the plague if we thought we were going to end up parenting alone. the harsh truth is that most of us do end up alone. and add to that - unhappy, unfulfilled, unwanted mothers who are fodder for abusers and anyone else that might take us and our (unwanted) extras along for the ride if we're lucky. i am in a relationship now after many years alone but i still live alone and raise the kids by myself. it's never going to be the family i dreamed it would be and i'm doing the best job i can by myself but i'm not the only woman out there feeling ripped off and lied to about the whole thing. <br />
if you still want to have kids KNOWING the possibility is very high that you could end up a solo mother with no life, then go ahead. i'm not saying you are going to end up alone but you have to entertain the possibility, otherwise you are not going to see it from all angles.

Best Answer

I definitely don't agree that most women end up single parents...I have 7 sisters whose kids are all mostly grown and only one of them was ever a single mother(and isn't now). I mean I agree definitely consider whether your relationship is in it for the long haul before having kids but wow I feel sorry for your kids. Even if I do ever end up a single mom I'd never regret having my kids!

Best Answer

that waz rude and uncalled for. i don't regret my children. if i had known i waz going to be a solo parent i would have opted out of having children. bully for your sisters and their successful marriages, be happy that they dint end up solo parents too. whether you disagree with me or not, there is ample evidence that solo parenting is indeed common. before you insult people's experience sharing i suggest you read carefully what waz written.

Best Answer

btw, if one of your sisters' marriages ends in divorce and there is fighting over the kids' custody and lots of hurt in the family are you still going to rub your child-free status in the faces of solo mums online just because it makes YOU feel good to do so? :)

Best Answer

I have 2 kids and one on the way, hardly child free...I'm sorry you've had to struggle so much and I definitely respect single moms cause it can't be easy...but to say you'd never had kids if you'd known you'd be alone is incredibly sad. Even if my husband would leave I would never think like that. My kids are my everything. I love him and he's wonderful, but I know I'd make it without him without falling apart. Your problem seems to be projecting your own experiences onto everyone else in the world as if it will happen just because it happened to you, but fact is not everyone's relationship is weak and not all who becomes a single mom is as full of anger and bitterness about their situation as you obviously are. My sister whose husband was an abusive alcoholic struggled for years as a single mom, with one of her children being severely mentally handicapped, and she definitely didn't have the same negative attitude you do. Maybe if you changed your way of thinking and melted some of that coldness around your heart towards men you'd find love again.

Best Answer

No. My mom had my youngest sister at 37. <br />
Everybody's different tho. Some women pop them out like it was nothing and others have such a hard time it really is 'labor' throughout the whole pregnancy. If you are planning on having a baby you should make sure you eat well and you're in decent shape-- be on a regular exercise regimen beforehand and keep it up with some modification your entire pregnancy, if possible. This will help recovery remarkably.

Best Answer

not trying yet. but i will be about 27 when I am done with school, then I want to be in my career a few years. so i figure i'll start trying between 30-35.

Best Answer

I'm sure you'll be fine. Just take good care of yourself ;-)

Best Answer

early thirties is good, late thirties (in females) causes a greated chance for down syndrom<br />
an up side is that by that age you know who you have an idea of who you are, what you like

Best Answer

No. I had my first and only at 38.

Best Answer

No just harder

Best Answer

I hope not. My daughter was born when I was 41 and the mother was 38.

Best Answer

Hi,<br />
My name is Kelsea and I work for a new, LA-ba<x>sed CBS daytime talk show. We're currently looking for people who are looking to adopt/get pregnant, and think their time to do it is now before they feel like they can't. I saw your story and would love to speak with you more about this over the phone. I can definitely let you know more about the show and where I'm coming from as well. Look forward to hearing from you.<br />
Best--<br />
Kelsea Fleischman<br />
ladaytimetalkshow@gmail.com

Best Answer

No it's not too old.

Best Answer

No, I know several successful women who have had a first child at that age range, by choice, after establishing themselves financially and setting up a home.

Best Answer

No, but I am glad I didn't wait that long.

Best Answer

ask your Dr.

Best Answer

I hope not, I'm 31 and I still don't have any children, but I would like to have... Biologically, it's not late in 40's, but if you feel that you're late, than you should listen to yourself...

Best Answer

No I think it is an ok age...

Best Answer