Philreads Philreads 56-60, M 14 Answers Nov 20, 2012 in Marriage

lets see u will be 56 when child is born

66 when he is ten and needs a dad to throw balls and run him to games

72 when he needs money a car and is difficult to deal with

74 and university kicks in so will need big dollars to send him dont care what obama says

hmm well if your not planning to retire till u are 85 go for it

Best Answer

Considering there are a large number of grandparents in their 50's raising their grandchildren, no.

Best Answer

That is also true. My mum helped me out a lot with mine, but if my daughter has a child at the age when I had her, I will be in my 70s might not be as much help as my mum was due to my age.

Best Answer

If you are relatively healthy no. A friend has an older father, still alive pushing 90 now. But he says he felt he missed out, his dad never played sports etc with him as a child.

Best Answer

My father is a very youthful, vital 80 year old and keeps up admirably with his grandchildren. If he'd had a child at 55 he would've seen them through to adulthood with no problem. He says having the youngsters around has helped keep him feeling young.

Best Answer

Thats a loaded question because it entails so very much. Health? Expense? Activity level? Ability to handle banging ,crashing,screaming and tantrums. It's a 20 year commitment at least. U are asking and this is a good thing. Only u know the details. Good luck to u.

Best Answer

Yes. I will be 40 next month and I already feel that I am too old to have a child. I think it's unfair to the child and puts a heavy burden on them.

Best Answer

Yes but if its already happening just try your best to give the child a proper childhood....play as much as you can with them so they don't feel that they missed out because daddy just didn't have enough energy to do it.

Best Answer

Yes. Simply because that child won't have the parents it really needs. Its the sad truth. You need to devote all your time to her/him. Physical time, mental time. You need to be up until 1 in the morning (possibly 2), to bring them home from a party on saturday night. Its hard work. I know that and I'm not even a parent.

Best Answer

No, the guy in Modern Family was old and he's going to be a father too.

Best Answer

No... but will you be alive at 73 too go too their high school grad... or possibly go too the jail at 70 too tell teh police your darling angel is simply angry with life?

Best Answer

No - it happens all the time....... but you have to ask your self - Will I have the energy to give this child?

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer