I'll have crap tons of spare time over the summer, and I want to make it to the #1 spot on the HS varsity team next year. My plan is to call up all my friends that can play tennis, then sort of rotate through them each day, spending an hour and a half on each one, then finishing with 3 hours of rallying with my brother. Would this be good for improving my skills, or would it be too much of a strain? I'm worried I might get a bit exhausted and burned out, but I haven't had enough time to practice this school year because of homework, studying, track, and a bunch of other random crap. I want to improve my fundamentals.
RacistPlastic RacistPlastic 13-15, M 3 Answers May 11 in Community

There is more then just playing tennis to get there, practice is great but dont over do it

Best Answer

kk
and do you mean jump rope, footwork, and weight training?

Best Answer

Winners don't concern themselves with exhaustion.

Best Answer

Yeah, but I don't want to damage my body.

Best Answer

Then take a ten to fifteen minute break in between, drink a lot of water, and stretch. Stretching out first and during is the most important thing.

Best Answer

I stretch a whole lot.

Best Answer

Good. Then push yourself as far as you can!

Best Answer

That'd be too much on your body. I suggest 8 hours a week. Spread it out and you'll be fine. Gotta treat the body good.

Best Answer

8 hours a week is way too little, I already do more than that. The pros do about 15 hours of on-court training a week, I can't do that little when I have so much time over the summer.

Best Answer

Hm. Maybe do a bit more than you already do but do things that will help your skills off the court. You don't want tennis elbow! You could do stretches or work outs that would help.

Best Answer

I already do light workouts, light lifting, jogging, PE at school, plus lots of stretching before tennis and massaging myself after.

Best Answer

Idk what to tell ya, man. It just sounds like a lot to me.

Best Answer

well, look what the other guy answered

Best Answer

I just think taking care of your body is more important than a sport you'll someday be too broken to play.

Best Answer