Manorkill1 Manorkill1 56-60, M 9 Answers Dec 21, 2013 in Doing Good

Not sure if it's 90%, but definitely some.

Best Answer

It's firstly based on this being big business via psychiatry and big pharma, but after that it gets far more complex. "Mental illness" is a social construction, human suffering pretty extensive and more a part of the human condition than an illness

Best Answer

Can you please clarify what you mean by legitimate pain?

Best Answer

Life has bumps and bruises for anybody who is actually trying to live a full life, and a certain amount of discomfort is inevitable, and unfortunately even necessary?

Best Answer

I do not think that the discomfort of life's ups and downs suggests an unwillingness to endure "legitimate pain". In some cases, mental illness has a genetic component and a physical imbalance. It is true that some conditions arise from personal pain, but I would suggest that this is acute pain and not discomfort. Finally, I would suggest that for the remainder (minority) it is more likely that they are unable rather than unwilling to endure or manage their pathology.

Best Answer

All I know is, state run mental health clinics don't get paid unless they come up with some sort of 'diagnosis' for somebody who is simply and understandably upset about something. They have testified to that effect in court and I don't trust them.

Best Answer

Well, I cannot speak to the quality of healthcare in US. Even if what you say is true, you cannot assert that 90% of people diagnosed around the world are 'unwilling to endure' the discomfort of everyday life.

Best Answer

... and I can't speak for 'around the world,' and I haven't. This actually came from the ramblings of a friend of mine who I had coffee with recently. She's a psychiatrist.

Best Answer

No it is the full moons fault or the republicans.

Best Answer

Mornin' Link! ; }

Best Answer

Most "mental illness" today is just insecurity and its effects on behavior. People are idiots.

Best Answer

I survived a fire,that disfigured me,and killed my mother,my father took it out on me,and my girlfriend is cheating on me,I also can't have kids,and weak up screaming....so you're saying.....I was diagnosed as mentally ill because I have no real pain? You can go **** yourself.

Best Answer

No, I would say that's legitimate pain for sure.

Best Answer

Yes it very much is,but I'm glad that I don't have to go through much anymore,other than looking in the mirror,but I can break them all! Or just drink a lot.

Best Answer

Hopefully, you'll get past that. You seem like a pretty strong person. Good Luck to you. ;/

Best Answer

Thank you,but I won't,I hope,you will never understand.

Best Answer

You might be surprised.

Best Answer

No you won't because you arn'ty bruned. Fcking drunk

Best Answer

Any form of suffering that can be effectively treated is not "legitimate pain" in my book. So, I don't agree with your premise that one should endure the pain of a treatable mental illness.

Best Answer

Certainly not the 10%.

Best Answer

My answer is unchanged. No, it is not.

Best Answer