this bug has been outside my house for 2 days now, i knocked him down into the grass yesterday and today he's by my front door...he looked at me with those big buggy eyes, lol
DeenaMonroe DeenaMonroe 26-30, F 20 Answers Dec 13, 2009

Ah, the Mantis..... a formidable creature, with mystical powers soon shall burden us with it's revenge for our transgressions to it's terrifying serenity.<br />
Unlike Chicken Fat, which is good to look at, but horrifying to our health, the Mantis appears terrifying, but is docile and does us a service by riding our land of harmful bugs.<br />
We also scorn the Rattle Snake, whom does us a service by eating disease laden rodents.

Best Answer

A cricket is good luck.

Best Answer

no dont hurt the mantis ,,it is looking for insects to eat,, thay are no harm to people,,when i find one i put it in my garden,,every one wonts to kill every thing thay see,,that is why the honey bee is dieing out,,,SAVE THE BUGS,,

Best Answer

It's illegal

Best Answer

I read that they are good luck. It symbolizes peace and calm.

Best Answer

No it is a sign that you need to slow down and be still amount the chose of life. She ( the females eat their mates after) will be very still and with lighting speed catach her prey. She will only make a move when she is 100% sure.

Best Answer

1 morning i found a swarm of baby mantis on my sandal and all over my aquarium..and wierd thing is its very rare that you can see a mantis in our´╗┐ place

Best Answer

I had a Praying Mantis on the netting of my gazebo at the beginnig of the week. It hung around for the day and hasn't been since. Upon returning front a walk today, It was lying feet up, dead?<br />
Can someone tell what this means? thank you

Best Answer

good luck cause if its small u will find things easy if its big u will get a wish

Best Answer

Only if you are a grasshopper.

Best Answer

Never heard of it being bad luck -- I know they eat other insects that harm crops, so farmers like them.

Best Answer

it's best to pick them up carefully by their long neck so you can get a good look at how neat.

Best Answer

I thought they were supposed to be good. My grandmother always had us leave them alone. One lived on the outside of her sliding glass door for a long time. We named him Henry.

Best Answer

only for the mantis if i step on it... otherwise, it's good luck, definitely.

Best Answer

I never heard that they are. They get rid of the bad bugs in your garden.

Best Answer