stephaniebis stephaniebis 56-60, F 18 Answers Jul 31, 2012

Living, breathing companionship, whether it be a cat, dog, spider, ant... can never be a bad thing.

Sometimes, it's better for people to have an animal as a friend than a human. Though I don't think that person should lose all human contact.

Best Answer

Thanks for choosing me as best answer, I appreciate it. Wasn't expecting that :-)

Best Answer

Take affection where you can find it. The only think that might make it "sad" would be if she uses the cat as an excuse to give up trying to find affection with human beings, too, or if she fills the house with 30 cats rather than interact with people.

Best Answer

I think its great! Cats cant really argue with you !

Best Answer

Companion animals are very good therapy. I am 55 and have two dogs for the same reason. And it may be sad to some, but it a decent coping stratagey

Best Answer

Hi MontiPora. I understand that dogs and cats can be great company but I'm just intrigued that someone would only want that. Personally, I'd want the pussycat and dog and the man!

Best Answer

Would that we all could have everything that we want....my animals are good company, loyal and sympathetic, enthusastic and comedic. That is a welcome refreshment for me after dealing with humanities quirks through the day.

Best Answer

What's right?? As long as you love the cat, you can ave them!

Sad?? Certainly not. It may even be better than human race! For one they don't betray you or hurt you! Only unconditional love! ;)

Best Answer

yeah its fine everyone needs something

Best Answer

It's really sad babe

Best Answer

i love women that age i think they are sexi

Best Answer

Its not bad at all. Buy that cat! :-)

Best Answer

That's not necessarily what's happening. Cats can be great company in and of themselves.

Best Answer

I have nothing against pets; but I don't think they can replace human companion.

I do think it is sad when people rather have a pet than a partner; especially sinior citizens.

Best Answer

It's not sad at all. In fact, owning a cat... I mean.. having a cat as a roommate is healthier than having a human as a roommate. "According to researchers at the University of Minnesota's Stroke Institute in Minneapolis, cats, by nature, alleviate stress and anxiety, and potentially reduce the risk of heart attack in humans by 30 percent. "

Best Answer

Pfft. Buy a kitty and lavish attention on it. Pets are wonderful. Don't feel guilty at all.

Best Answer

No, it isn't sad at all. I have had cats all my life. They are not a replacement for anything. They are perfectly perfect just for who they are. My last cat died last year, and I probably won't get another, but if I do, it won't be to replace a man, or a woman, or anything else. It will be just because I love cats.

Best Answer

Very sad

Best Answer