I have a thing for not only Australian but british accent too which both sound pretty much the same to me. What says u?
jessycarcher jessycarcher 22-25, F 16 Answers Mar 25 in Community

I say... it's funny how different ears perceive an accent. British accents sound so different to an Aussie one, to an Aussie. lol. I love regional accents from England and I love the Welsh accent. So musical and pretty.

Best Answer

When I was in wales, I had to idea what they were saying! :)

Best Answer

Yes and a soft irish brogue

Best Answer

@softnipples (i said it!) yes you're right, they're very different. ;-)

Best Answer

@havingfun138 Oh gosh. :( Well we Aussies do - in fact we even understand yours! (just kidding!)

Best Answer

Theres lovely, isn't it?

Best Answer

The Brits have accents, we don't! :)

Best Answer

It is a very sexy accent

Best Answer

;)

Best Answer

When I was in San Francisco a few years back, I had a woman drooling over my accent. She said I sounded just like Hugh Jackman. Don't sound anything like him! :)

Best Answer

There are dozens of british accents; none that to my mind sound remotely Australian. To My ear, New Zealanders sound like Australians, they would probably disagree.

Best Answer

nz is really different to aussie .. example kiwis sound like sex when they say 6... No insult to the eastern isles

Best Answer

Ha, when I was in Auckland last year, they had a fish and chip store, called Fush and Chups! :)

Best Answer

People from Tassie and SA sound different to Victorians, they have regional Pommy sounding accents. NSW accents - they speak through thin lips in the bush to keep the 'blowies' out. I can't describe a Sydney accent but a Canberra accent can be quite posh. Queenslanders though..............Queenslanders .... finish their sentences with a 'but'. That's just in case you thought you might have gotten a word in, they are keeping their options open.

Best Answer

Well as long as the Half dozen is a topic of conversation, the population of NZ is assured.

Best Answer

What is 'Aussie Posh'? A kind Of Antipodean received pronunciation?

Best Answer

Very English sounding but without the plum in the mouth.

Best Answer

British yes

Best Answer

I don't hear any accent

Best Answer

Whatthehellyoutalkingaboutmate! :)

Best Answer

G'day mate. Awarthey hangin?

Best Answer

It is funny to me..hehe

Best Answer

being an aussie I can assure you there is a large difference in English and aussie accents ... But thanks for the thought. .. It's noice lol

Best Answer

Too fast. I have difficulties to catch their words.

Best Answer

Yes, we do have a habit of not putting in a slight pause between words! :)

Best Answer

Accents are totally evil.

Best Answer

Nope.

Best Answer