I ask this making a 5 year commitment, with no chance of moving any closer to work.
Shinigami69 Shinigami69 36-40, M 17 Answers Aug 29, 2009

Only you can really decide. Factor in the extra 10 hours a week plus mileage, then see if the salary still makes sense. Plus, what is your backup plan for if your car won't start? Be sure to get roadside assistance. Is the 5 year commitment mandatory? You can certainly adapt to it, and jobs are hard to come by...

Best Answer

Do it everyday

Best Answer

No, I do a drive to work that takes this long. As long as you enjoy your work when you get there, it's o.K. I love music, so I just put my favorite songs on and it seems like I am there in no time at all.

Best Answer

It depends. If you are sitting in heavy traffic for an hour, it's different to having to drive at say 100km/hr for an hour.

Best Answer

I once had a job with nearly a two hours' drive, which was very tough. My present drive takes 45 minutes to an hour, which is fine. There is always plenty to listen to, to fill in the time. Make sure that 1 hour is as bad as it gets, though. It could be longer in heavy traffic

Best Answer

well i've been workin at a job 45 min from home for five years so 15 minutes more is bareble althogh it kind of dull when you have car problems and harsh to pay the gas! I love my job but it isnt that good of a pay!<br />
Ironicly I moved in closer now to like 6 min drive<br />
but I use public transportation so its still takes me<br />
35 min to get to the job with all the bus stops<br />
at least it a lot less costy!

Best Answer

a lot of factors have already been mentioned but the one factor i thought of immediately is, do you have a family? kids of your own and how will this effect them? would you be getting home after dinner and their bedtimes? i think that is something to think about. <br />
good luck with whatever you decide=)

Best Answer

no, not at all

Best Answer

Depends on what other responsibilities/commitments you have at this time. If it won't interfere with everday life then go for it.

Best Answer

I am doing it an hour each way for an internship in my 'new' career in the wine business. Long-term payoff shoud be worth it.

Best Answer

Not if you enjoy the job

Best Answer

No, anything longer than that may be though.

Best Answer