SeriouslySappy SeriouslySappy 51-55, F 5 Answers Feb 19, 2011

An olive is a fruit. I read once that olives do not naturally turn black. That was part of the canning process developed by a woman out in California. The olives are actually soaked in lye as part of the canning process, and that turns them black. Naturally ripe olives are more dark brown in color. The most interesting olives I've ever had were in Boston's Italian North End....they were large green deep fried olives....quite good.<br />
In Michigan, there is a hamburger called the Olive Burger....which is also very good, (for olive lovers). Mix plain green chopped olives (with no pimentos) and mayonnaise together to make a sauce similar to Tartar Sauce, and spread it on the top of a hamburger. Serve with lettuce and tomato.

Best Answer

Very interesting! I love olives. I've even had an olive burger in Michigan ... I loved it.

Best Answer

fruit, Good greek olives should be dark purple, they should only be pitted when they are not for just regular hand to mouth eating. it ruins the texure and taste..

Best Answer

Fruit, I prefer the black ripe olives

Best Answer

I like them all.

Best Answer

fruit, darkens as it ripens, stuffed.

Best Answer

Why didn't I think of that ?

Best Answer

its the fruit of an olive tree<br />
and I prefer green and stuffed in my martini!!!<br />
cheers!

Best Answer

Yum !

Best Answer