Something is wrong with my ASUS laptop and I can't figure out how to fix it. I might need to PM you with the details.
moose73630 moose73630 16-17, M 2 Answers Feb 1 in Community

Apparently, you don't have a teenager in your life. They seem to know so much about computers.

Best Answer

Just describe the problem.

Best Answer

The charger won't go in the charger port right. It acts like it doesn't fit.

Best Answer

LOL, are you sure you have the right cord? Look in the hole and see if there is something in there blocking it.

Best Answer

Double check to make sure that you have the right charger and you didn't get it mixed up with another machine. Don't swap chargers between laptops as there are often differences in voltage that can cause you to end up destroying the laptop. If you're certain you have the right charger then it probably means that the frame of your machine was damaged and it needs major repairs.

Best Answer

Yes, it's the right charger. I think the laptop needs repairs. Do you know where I can take it to for it to get repaired and how much it will cost?

Best Answer

Unless it's an IBM T-Series Thinkpad, an HP Elite series machine or one of a handful of other commercial laptop models then the machine is basically totaled. It isn't worth it to pay for those kinds of repairs for a DELL , Toshiba or an HP consumer grade machine.

Best Answer