PinksWoman PinksWoman 61-65, T 1 Answer Nov 11, 2012 in Community

I would have liked to see more "celebration" of Veterans day by showing old movies or even some of the newer ones over this weekend

Best Answer

Exactly, I have scanned all the channels this morning and there is very little today that appeals to me. As a Vietnam vet I am partial to movies like Platoon, Good Morning Vietnam, We were soldiers, Full Metal Jacket,

Best Answer

Thank you for your service!

Best Answer

I appreciate that, very much. We didn't much of a welcome, or thanks

Best Answer

I have always found that shameful. It was ridiculous how our country treated hero's then, and how our government treats them now

Best Answer

I has been forty years and most people still don't like to remember or talk about Vietnam

Best Answer

Too bad for them. It happened, it is not going away. I knew a Vet who wore an "East Asia war games 2nd place" Tshirt just to annoy some folks who were like that. Cracked me up. I always thought he got his point across.

Best Answer

I have an old jacket with many patches expressing the same sentiment

Best Answer

I hope you wear it now and then to remind folks what you gave up for them. With no reward.

Best Answer

The VA hospital has more than made up for that. three years ago I checked myself in with a severe case of pneumonia, the ER doctor gave me morphine and it was then we found out I was highly allergic to the drug. My body went into septic shock and I fell into a coma for three months on live support. In all, I spent 71/2 months in the hospital and figure it cost the gov't around three million dollars and they are still helping me to transition to womanhood. I start hormone therapy soon. Good return for three years in the army

Best Answer

I am sorry about you loosing yet another chunk of your life. I am grateful you came out of it well. Sounds like better than well! It is good you are happy

Best Answer

there we a few plusses, I slept thru one of the worst Minnesota winters in years, woke up to the smiling face of the most beautiful nurse I have ever seen as she said "welcome back" and my once gray hair has gone back to dark brown again. It still is three years later and falls 4" past my shoulders. I love it and it adds so much to my feminine appearance.

Best Answer

=)

Best Answer