unexppeace unexppeace 26-30, M 21 Answers Dec 3, 2012 in Community

Not freaked out remember when everyone didn't have electricity it will be good to return to those simplier times if only for a few days.

Best Answer

Yeah, but if it last months to years it would be disastrous. No running water, no sewerage, communication

Best Answer

Happens every 11 years.

Best Answer

No, if it is going to happen it will happen, what can I do to prevent it ? Keep calm and carry on.

Best Answer

hopefully we will get a great northern light show

Best Answer

That Northern light show will be the mark of the end to come. (the end of world as we know it)

Best Answer

goodbye!

Best Answer

Nope, I'm more freaked out about planes falling from the sky and hitting me, or a neighbor's tree smashing into my house with me in it. I'm so plagued with ridiculous phobias and delusional fears I don't have time for any more.

Best Answer

NO!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

They sky is falling! They sky is falling! Chicken Little was right!

Some people are so gullible.

Best Answer

Generator and woodburning stove.

Problem?

Best Answer

Yes and no. NASA has spent decades and billions figuring how to warn people ahead of time and they've finally made serious progress. The remaining problem is that the infrastructure in the US is old and outdated and there is only so much they can do even when they know they're about to get hit. However, with NASA's new prediction of a bad solar maximum coming up hopefully more of the utilities will take it to heart make at least the minimum necessary upgrades.

Best Answer

Yep, but trying not to feel any panic and just be prepared instead.

Best Answer

It won't just cause blackouts, but will disrupt electronics and communications for airplanes as well. Tons and tons of little pieces of our infrastructure puzzle will topple.

Best Answer

<--- I've decided I've been in the dark most of my lifetime - however being a recluse I don't think I'd enjoy all the new company dah chit shuts down for too long

Best Answer

what, is this just the peak of the sunspot cycle? that's always a fun time for the ham radio people

Best Answer

Solar storms have been known to disrupt communications so............................................

Best Answer

Yes but NASA just just trying to cover their legal backsides they put out a warning so no one can come back at them after the disaster and sue them out of existance.

They have no idea when the next great solar storm is going to happen.

In any case people should have at lest 3 months of reserve food stored in a safe location in case of any great natural disaster striking their part of the world.

Best Answer

LOL - Sue NASA? - Good luck getting that through the courts - even if they didn't say squat

Best Answer

Oh an individuel would not be able to do it but if some multinational companies like General Electric bought some top lawyers and had influance with the judges through the good old boy network i am sure they could extract a few billion tax payers dollars off NASA.

Best Answer

No, I will not be effected. I have emergency means to deal with it.

Best Answer

I'm not freaked out, but I felt anxiety from your question... Are there particular solar storms you are worried about? Or are you worried about big storms in general that could cause total black out?

Best Answer

I'm talking about a solar storm that will destroy all power generators. We completely dependent on electricity. There will be no running water, sewerage won't be working. There will be no heat. I live where the winter can get down to single digits F. That type of storm

Best Answer

Ah, so your worried about a storm that could wipe out all the transformers and power generators. Have you decided to do anything about it?

Best Answer

Hospitals will be down. Disease will spread.

Best Answer

You didn't answer my question... :/

Best Answer

The only thing I can do is prepare for myself

Best Answer

totally...

Best Answer

not yet i'm going to check that out right now

Best Answer

http://reinep.wordpress.com/2012/04/05/new-real-solar-storm-warning-from-nasa-2012-2013/
Check this article out and especially the video by Discovery

Best Answer

Not I.

Best Answer