I don't like it when people use those words. Have some basic manners or professionalism when dealing with customers.

Best Answer

Depends where you are shopping I think. Live in London and when buying my fruit and veg off the stalls, kinda like "hello how can I help you" just shortened to "yes darlin'"

Best Answer

I think it depends on where you live to be honest. I'm in the UK too pixel and I'd rather have someone call me 'love', get the job done than someone call me 'Miss' and totally **** up their service.

Best Answer

I'm not really offended but it does make me feel awkward

Best Answer

Thanks for your honesty :)

Best Answer

if you call that offensive.... well good luck out there, youre going to have a miserable life

Best Answer

I dont call it offensive myself...just people being friendly :) Some people will find anything to complain about though !!

Best Answer

i didn't mean you, but the person in the taxi. I don't get people like that, it must be a hard life being so sensitive

Best Answer

Oh i know hun!! lol

Best Answer

if it is my bf or an old gentleman i dont mind but when a man i dont know calls me babe, i get annoyed. If i dont know him and he calls me babe i automatically assume that he is very immature.

Best Answer

Definitely not, I love being called terms of affection. Some people are easily offended where no offence or harm is meant. Sad sign of the times when people are threatened with losing their job for saying it.

Best Answer

Just why...i dont know if the person had a problem why not just tell the taxi driver..

Best Answer

who knows the reasons why, maybe she just likes seeing people get in trouble and risk losing their job. she may not like men either, hope the reason comes out in the newspaper tomorrow. there maybe a simple explanation?

Best Answer

No, that would be pretty foolish to be angry about. As long as the person isn't laying it on too thick, then it shouldn't be a big deal.

Best Answer

I'm not offended. I like when people call me sweetie, honey, darling, and all those things.

Best Answer

doesnt bother me at all. and i dont understand why it would bother anyone else really.

Best Answer

Depends on who it is! My age or younger can be offensive, older is often just the way it is. If a person knows my name or ID, it's better to use it, if not, just don't curse.

Best Answer

Term of endearment

Best Answer

...from a complete stranger is a little discourteous, and over familiar

Best Answer

In my line of work I'm around people all day...I have to consider offending anyone with my words...so I keep it professional at all times...So I use Mam, and Sir when talking with my customers...only when I've developed a more relaxed relationship with someone do I refer to them otherwise.....but I never get offended when someone calls me sweetie, or handsome, or darling....I'm however cautious because it may lead to them trying to soften me up when I hand them the Invoice for my work....lol.....<br />
Usually I make light of anyone that uses those terms when in a conversation with their babe, darlin, honey, sweetie, etc....or if they use the word Like too often...lol

Best Answer

LIKE i know what you mean...LIKE if your a professional LIKE using sweetheart LIKE would'nt go down very well if you know what i mean LIKE!! Ha ha

Best Answer

EP must be such a release for you haha :) who don't you call darlin here?

Best Answer

Like you're so cute, sweetie...like I'm like so hot for you darlin...like this is like love....hahahahaha

Best Answer

Definitely.

Best Answer

It doesnt bother me at all unless i think their something behind it that is not innocent. othewwise i think its kind of sweet

Best Answer

Ignoring the hyper sensitive or those looking for an excuse to sue someone, it would depend on the way it was said (intonation) or the attitude (body language) of the person saying it. If the taxi driver was being suggestive and lecherous, yes, she had a right to be offended. If it was a casual reference to her with no meaning beyond being polite, no, she should not have been offended.

Best Answer

Some people would view it as condescending, but I find it to be friendly. People will p!ss and moan about anything in this country if they could.

Best Answer

No, as long as they don't touch me.

Best Answer

Grew up with "love" being used, so in general passing no not at all. It is when someone who "knows" you online insists on using those terms, instead of your name real or username, that I don't like it.

Best Answer

Ta for askin Love.

Best Answer

No it doesn't bother me at all .

Best Answer

It's ok from market stall people but elsewhere CAN come across as extremely patronising, condescending. And many people do take offence. I often retaliate with something equally patronising. "My good man/woman" in exchange for being called "dear" is usually quite sufficient

Best Answer

I personally like to be called by my name by people I know and strangers but it's nothing I'd call a newspaper or their boss about.

Best Answer