hannah023 hannah023 13-15, F 7 Answers Nov 20, 2013 in Military

Yes. But not so much because of the military discipline. It is because of everything else that goes with it. You live with strangers, many of whom you dislike. You contend with theft of personal property, bullying, sexual harassment, racial discrimination, sleep loss, homesickness, etc.

Best Answer

But do u think that is worth it?
(Because I'm really thinking about going into the army)

Best Answer

Marines and navy have boot camp, not army.

Best Answer

It's referred to as boot camp in the Army also.

Best Answer

no it's not. Boot is a term for a newly enlisted marine or navy person, the term is Basic Combat Training for the army. It may be mistakenly referred to as boot camp just as someone may mistake Marine training for basic training.

Best Answer

Quite the technicality there. It is very commonly called "boot camp" I was in. It's boot camp!

Best Answer

Even military sponsored articles refer to it as 'boot camp'.

Best Answer

Ahh yes language is so fluid, and so was I, if we called it Boot Camp to our Drill Sergeants it was extra PT. They were sticklers for perfection and anything less was rewarded with further suffering. Been almost 15 years and that still sticks with me, I think they did their job to an exemplary degree. Oh and hello brother.

Best Answer

Yes, but if you were raised by a hard core disciplinarian it's a lot easier. It depends on how physically and mentally fit you are when you go in. I guess they're not too picky about the mentally fit part cause I made it through!

Best Answer

Reasonably. Anyone can get through it if they want to usually.

Best Answer