It's not a system, it's about liberation from dogma, embracing one's freedom to think.

Best Answer

lol, system. better time management :)

Best Answer

If atheism is a belief system then so is 'not believing' in the tooth fairy. Oxymoron if there ever was one.

Best Answer

Yeah, it's almost like its own religion. Atheists tend to dedicate their lives to science and self-reliance. Generally speaking, they tend look up to atheistic writers with almost worshipful eyes. Every belief/disbelief is a belief system!

Best Answer

maybe....

Best Answer

I always look at it as such, because it indicates what one believes or doesn't believe about the origins of man, his relationship to the universe, how the universe came into being, etc. It seems to me that your beliefs about the existence of God pretty much affect what you believe about almost everything else. From morality to milkweeds.<br />
:)

Best Answer

Yes I think its a religion like any other....<br />
Their god is atomic matter....<br />
and their mantra is consensus reality...

Best Answer

Disbelief for no reason is unscientific... skepticism is advisable I would say but making absolute statements about things you know next to nothing about is about THE most unscientific approach possible...
The SYSTEM to which I refer which I see as being inherent in atheism is that any atheist who has more than half a brain MUST make peace with the fact that his belief system dictates that consciousness itself is a product of atomic matter....
Any atheist that has not considered this point is not an atheist at all but merely a sheep...
And fine, i'm not saying your one of these people, but this point has to be made.....
Being one yourself (I assume) this assumption must be one you your self harbour with out reserve... else you are bordering on meta-physics...
An area by the way that most non western countries have a big interest in and one in which the American military is playing catch up with the soviets but I digress...

Best Answer

It's a belief, but not a system.

Best Answer

If one believes in anything, it is their belief.

Best Answer

Yes.

Best Answer