Baconmania seems to be an exclusively American thing. My parents are immigrants, so I never really grew up with bacon. I can't really understand the obsession otherwise
GiantKaiju GiantKaiju 22-25, M 16 Answers May 9, 2013 in Divorce

Getting a gun and shooting up a school is an American tradition.

Best Answer

Never miss the opportunity to say something crass and insulting. That's the spirit!

Best Answer

its delicious , try it with Maple Syrup mmmm yummy

Best Answer

Maple syrup and sausage, too...

Best Answer

yeah bring it on

Best Answer

Never thought of it. I'm inclined to say yes but like wipedia my opinion is unreliable.

Best Answer

Bacon was being cured and eaten in Europe for about a thousand years before 'America' even existed... oh and 'apple pie', British.

Best Answer

American pig. Im talking about the bacon.

Best Answer

No. The history of bacon is not just about the cut of the meat, its also about the genetic lineage of the pig and arguably when it comes to the history of making bacon, the most blue-blooded of all bacon lineages come from England, with its centuries old history of breeding lines of pig specifically to make what the world now calls back bacon.

Best Answer

Yes, American-style bacon is very large part of traditional American cuisine. Bacon and eggs is an iconic American breakfast. It has been properly placed in the "really bad for you" category by people who care whether what they eat is very bad for you. <br />
Bacon added to a salad or a burger or any other type of sandwich kicks it up a notch - cheeseburger is good, bacon cheeseburger? Now your burger rocks!<br />
I really like bacon. But I don't eat it because it's bad for me.

Best Answer

uhhhh.. she didn't ask whether bacon was an exclusively American food. And how long pigs have been around is irrelevant.

Best Answer

We only eat pork out of spitefulness.

Best Answer

I don't know if American, but for me, bacon is only unappealing when it's not cooked the way I like it. Not sure about other bacon-lovers.

Best Answer

idk plus I don't understand that obsession too. It's not something out of the ordinary delicious

Best Answer

I've wondered about that too since it's spreading to other parts of the world

Best Answer

if it is that is another thing that they have stolen from us

Best Answer

No. Its a US thing

Best Answer