Just read an article about two guys in the UK who were banned from their favorite all-you-can-eat buffet. They routinely ate five plates each and apparently "rushed to the table and ate everything before other diners could". The owner snapped and called them pigs, and banned them. They'd been eating there two years.
KayKai KayKai 26-30, F 27 Answers Oct 5, 2012 in Hobbies

If I owned a buffet restaurant, I would install a narrow door.

Problem solved. :-D

Best Answer

Yes it is. don't advertise something you will not deliver.

Best Answer

"Wrong" Yes and No.

Well some people should understand that 'all you can eat' doesnt really mean 'all you can eat'

But more importantly restaurants should stop the all you-can-eat thing. That's false advertising.

Best Answer

There should be a limit because you can drive the business downward.

As for banning for that very reason, no that's not valid. You should restrict them but not ban them. As much as we like to advertise all you can eat, it shouldn't really mean that because people take advantage of it.

Best Answer

It's there restaurant; they can ban people for non-discriminatory reasons all they want.

It's no different than someone routinely trying on 50 items before buying one and impeding the shopping experience of other customers.

Best Answer

Sounds like card counters banned from the casinos

Best Answer

Obesity should be made inhumanly illegal

Best Answer

That's harsh. Obesity isn't always a disease asked for, there are plenty of people who struggle with weight gain due to medications. People are already up-in-arms over government regulating food consumption.

Best Answer

"all you can eat" buffet's make me sick... here where i live they buffets are all chinese food, and the first plate is always 3 to 4 times the calories needed, so the second and third plates are completely superfluous... oh my god, seriously people, that is fricking gross... I don't like to judge, so i just stay away. when we do go out to chinese, we actually share a plate from the menu.... there's way too much food!

Best Answer

The eating was ok. They should have been more polite to the other diners.

Best Answer

I've heard of charging them twice for the buffet.

Best Answer

Putting out a sign saying "All You Can Eat" is deliberately tempting people to come in and try to beat the restaurant out of as much food as possible. People on low incomes or with eating disorders view "All You Can Eat" restaurants as golden opportunities to gorge. When a restaurant owner is taken up on his invitation beyond his comfort level? He can NOT object.

Best Answer

It does seem unfair. If one is going to offer 'all you can eat', one has to realize that people have different limits. I'm sure others go in and eat comparatively little. The owner should have just raised the price a bit instead of singling anyone out. In this country, the two men would no doubt sue the establishment.

Best Answer

That's typical UK. We have turned into a crass society. It a bit like like the expensive 'no-quibble' extended guarantees retailers are so desperate to sell everyone who buys goods but in reality many of them do nothing but quibble if you try to claim against them. People should be willing to deliver what they say.

Best Answer

Lol yea and it's pretty silly. The owner needs to understand what the term "buffet" means.

Best Answer

Banned for rude behavior affecting other customers? Yes.

Eating too much? Give them free T-shirts to advertise your business, you'll make up the costs on the people that only eat a plate.

Best Answer

This is what I was thinking. I think their behavior is really rude and unacceptable. (Rushing to a table and eating everything). If they paced themselves and were more considerate there might not have been a need for them to be banned.

Best Answer

LOL, I used to know this obese couple who would hit the 'all you can eat' who used to gorge themselves, go in the bathroom, force themselves to re-gergitate, come back and gorge again. TRUE STORY!!

Best Answer

That's pretty shameless.

Best Answer

Pretty disgusting is more like it!

Best Answer

I think a better solution would've been maybe to ask these 2 gentlemen to call ahead when they plan to eat there so the resteraunt owner could know to prepare more food. At least that's what I would do.

Best Answer

That acutally seems like a good compromise.

Best Answer

if it's all you can eat, then they should not have a limit.

Best Answer

Banning is wrong.

Best Answer

If you say that your restaurant is "all you can eat," it should be all you can eat. Otherwise, it's false advertising.

Best Answer