people say the golden ratio proves it is both subjective and objective but the golden ratio is based off of numbers which are objective and are measurements of what people think an attractive face would be measured making it subjective right?
shelonya shelonya 18-21, F 4 Answers Feb 10 in Community

perceptions of beauty are subject to opinion... always

Best Answer

Ah, but the Golden Ratio is also an IRRATIONAL number.

Best Answer

I actually don't know what the golden ratio is explicitly, i just heard about but could you elaborate on this?

Best Answer

It's the limit of the infinite sequence 1 + 1/2 - 1/4 +1/8th -1/16th, etc. Geometrically, it's described as if you divide a line into two parts so that:
the longer part divided by the smaller part is also equal to
the whole length divided by the longer part, or L/S = (L+S)/L.
When you divide a Golden Rectangle into a square and a smaller rectangle, the smaller rectangle will also be a Golden Rectangle, the ratio of their areas is the Golden Number. I can bore you with this kind of **** all fray long. Is this good enough, org should I start talking about nautilus shell chamber volume ratios and other crap?

Best Answer

naah im good, it looks complicated my question is who came up with this perfect ratio that beautiful women should possess and how can you place a numerical value on beauty

Best Answer

Probably something to do with size ratios of related body parts (such as nose size and eye spacing) or corresponding body parts (such as the lengths of arms and legs), but that's just a guess on my part.

Best Answer

yes to the soul

Best Answer

It is. <br />
However, there are people whose face and body is more symmetrical than others. My body type that I prefer is a slightly large woman. Because, they tend to have to rely on their personality and sense of humor. Classic 20th and 21st century ideals for women are not what I'm interested in.

Best Answer

i think you're offensive and stereotyping larger women because you assume smaller women are already beautiful and don't have to rely on personality or humor whereas larger women do to compete with their thinner counterparts

Best Answer