hajues hajues 18-21 17 Answers Nov 10, 2012 in Religion

Depends on what is meant. I have heard of this. There is no God in Buddhism, so you could, I suppose, focus your meditations toward God rather than (just?) enlightenment.

There is an old saying: There are as many religions as there are people.

Best Answer

Not at all. Buddhism is a philosophy, not a religion. You can combine Buddhism with anything. Well, anything that isn't violent.

Best Answer

Yes, there is no Jesus in Buddhism.

Best Answer

who the hell is jesus?

Best Answer

some non existant **** sucker

Best Answer

Yes, Buddhism is nontheistic and requires the acceptance of Karma and re-incarnation. Christianity is Monotheistic and requires an acknowledgement of the sovereignty of God. In Christianity, if you die, your soul goes to God who judges you. You have no choice in the matter. You cannot be reincarnated because then you wouldn't be in with God any more. Jesus rose from the dead, and was not reincarnated.

There are also some other areas where the two cannot be reconciled.

Best Answer

No, people can justify anything

Best Answer

Buddhism is a religion in some parts of the world, I don't think of it as one. Buddha was a human being who wanted to find the meaning of life. Buddhism is what he found. It doesn't involve "God" or blind faith or anything religious. It has been called "a way of life" and a "science of the mind".

There are Christian Buddhists, Jewish Buddhists, Atheist Buddhists, Agnostic Buddhists. Buddhism doesn't interfere with your religion.

In Buddhist terms, Jesus would be a Bodhisattva, a spiritual person who helps people, and he is certainly the Bodhisattva of our era.

Best Answer

Why all the labels? Just be.

Best Answer

I think that would be called interfaith. From my understanding, you could be one or the other.

Best Answer

no. there's even christian atheists.

Best Answer

Not necessarily. Both have a tradition of superstition.

Best Answer

No, Buddism is a spiritual philosopy, christianity is a religion

Best Answer

Both are faith/belief systems.

Best Answer

yes, but only one requires faith, buddism requires only belief in yourself and others

Best Answer

That's a good question! I don't really think so, or maybe it depends on how you interpret the Bible and the Suttas. I think the two can blend quite nicely.

Best Answer

You don't have a choice of what the original author meant.

Best Answer

That's true. I think it could work, in a really, REALLY loose sense. I know that Buddhism is nontheistic, but in a way, I kind of picture the Buddhist "god" as enlightenment. It's not a god you worship, but its a god you find within yourself, I guess that's blasphemy for Christians (or omnipotence?) Hmm...

Best Answer