hajues hajues 18-21 17 Answers Nov 4, 2012 in Religion

I think it depends on how you take it. Quakerism adopts some VERY similar practices as Buddhism, but is a branch of Christianity. Believing in the value of meditation, the sanctity of life, etc etc can definitely cross over. But I think when it comes to doctrine, they really cannot be combined without violating christianity's abhoration of false idols.

Best Answer

you have to remember that the buddha is not a god. he is a teacher who passes on his knowledge of the way things are

Best Answer

Absolutely, but the many ways to nirvana approach is distinctly un-Christian. Christian doctrine insists that it is only through full acceptance of Christ as the son of God that you can ascend into the kingdom of heaven. So fir christians either nirvana is a false concept of truth introduced by Satan, or it's just a myth...

Best Answer

i also have a different concept of heaven.

Best Answer

No it's having a variety and open-mind of religious beliefs, a mixture is better than singularity in most cases, adds to your ethics.

Best Answer

If you take each one seriously, then yes. But you wouldn't take any other religion seriously on a personal level if you already took one seriously on a personal level. Not at the same time. If you accept Jesus, you can't reject Jesus at the same time.

Best Answer

Yes, buddhism is an atheistic religion specifically meant to get you to evaluate how you live your life and it's impact on others. A deist can learn from buddhist teachings and use them to better their life, but if they continue to ascribe to a deity of any kind they are not really a buddhist, just following some of the principles.<br />
Many self described buddhists ignore that the main Buddhist teachings never reference god, only a self, and others, interconnected in a vast cycle of birth and death. I'm not sure how you can shoehorn worhipping jesus in there.

Best Answer

Not at all. Buddhism is not a religion, it's a philosophical path that is compatible with most peaceful religions, and also compatible with atheism.

Best Answer

Being a Christian is ba<x>sed on belief of and acceptance of Christ and following His teachings. If a Christian chooses to follow buddhist teachings that don't conflict with biblical teachings maybe he would then be a buddhist Christian. I'm not familiar with the teachings of buddha, but I doubt that they could add anything to what Christ taught.

Best Answer

It turns out religions have been borrowing from each other. The Golden Rule (that I personally find debatable as a moral principle) belongs in many traditions. <br />
Differences might fade even more today: many Christians get interested in Buddhism and Buddhists get interested in Western religions, each people probably hoping to find a new truth in other cultures while still being influenced by their original culture. Nowadays, there's a global religious philosophy that seems to emerge, we probably have lost touch with the older forms of worships anyway.

Best Answer

yes. religions to borrow from one another all the time

Best Answer

"no man can serve two masters"

Best Answer

not if you put a small c in christian

Best Answer

Is being schizophrenic a nut job?

Best Answer

Funniest joke I've read this month. And last.

Best Answer

I don't think so. I sometimes confuse Buddhist teachings with Christian if I read them out of context.

Best Answer