tricky80 tricky80 31-35, M 9 Answers Oct 19, 2012 in Health

No. A fear of heights is a the body and mind's natural reaction to feeling endangered by what would happen were you to actually fall over a sheer cliff, like El Capitan (Sp?). When I was two or three my mom and dad took me swimming, but I was too scared of the big pool to want to go in, no matter how much they reassured me I'd be okay. (I don't actually remember this, btw -- my folks told me years later). That's the same instinct kicking in. <br />
If you do want to find out what things are like after death, I suggest getting a library card instead, and reading about out-of-body experiences and such. It's a lot safer than what you're thinking about.

Best Answer

Fear of toppling off. I could handle heights better if I didn't get that pull.<br />
I hate walking passed a stair well, it seems to have its own gravity.

Best Answer

i used to work with heights after a short while you become very complacent

Best Answer

I've never thought about it, but that is EXACTLY how I feel too!

Best Answer

My hubby works at heights too. Insane heights. He says he doesn't like heights but just focusing on what he's doing. Lol, stuff that I reckon.

Best Answer

Not for most...

Best Answer

Good question, I'd never actually considered that. I'm not afraid of heights, but when I look over a cliff or a tall building or whatever, I do feel kind of mesmerised. <br />
Yeah, I suppose you are presented with a choice to solve all your problems in seconds - maybe people with vertigo do find that option too tempting and so steer clear of Beachy Head (infamous suicide spot on the south coast of England - just some added info for anyone from far flung fields!).

Best Answer

ive spent a lot of time in eastbourne this year working and used to walk along the cliffs of beachy head, if you walk along the beach at the bottom there are all old car wrecks where people have drove over very eeeery

Best Answer

..Sometimes when I am on a high up thing I kind of do feel tempted to just jump off..but I am more scared of falling off, I don't think I'd every give in to the other temptation.

Best Answer

No. I'm afraid of heights and in no way do I want to throw myself off of a building. I'm not suicidal.

Best Answer

nothing to do with being suicidal or depression its the urge to know whats after death

Best Answer

Haven't wanted to feel that either.

Best Answer

Can't say I have either. Im good here amongst the living.

Best Answer

I think it is the fear of falling and hence getting hurt.

Best Answer

That can be part of it

Best Answer