I don't know what to think about it but i'm not straight i just don't know if its a good word to use....people use it on me sometimes when i dont know them good. if it was freinds it wouldnt hurt me. but when its mostly strangers i get a little scared if its a good or bad thing.
Autumnflowers Autumnflowers 18-21, F 5 Answers Feb 22 in Community

I think it depends on the person. Some pride themselves on being a dyke while others don't like it so much. I know lesbians that call themselves dykes and other that only date dykes. To me it is a subculture of a sexuality used to be describe what someone is or looking for. I always thought it was a a synonym for 'butch', you know the more masculine of the lesbians. However, I can see it being offensive if used in a certain context especially by a non lesbian or stranger. I think it's like the 'n word' if you are African and say it with an 'a' it's ok, but otherwise it is a dirty word. I personally would never refer to anyone as either out of respect, so yes I would be offended if I were you, unless that is what you were going for.

Best Answer

I would consider that word to be offensive and insulting.

Best Answer

Yes it's rude

Best Answer

dykes good in Holland...

Best Answer

no, but someone women find it offensive

Best Answer