tjschira tjschira 22-25 13 Answers Nov 4, 2012 in Religion

the easy answer is yes....

...the more complex answer is that it depends on how much you wish to adhere to the moral codes and social rituals and whether you want to belong the more fundamentalistic sections of christianity take onto themselves.

...but, mind you: that applies to every religion and philosophical conviction.

Best Answer

I know 2 Christians. And what they tell me about their religion is completely different to each other. So with that, yes.

Best Answer

I'd say yes and no. Certain things in the bible theres no getting around but other things cant be misconstrued and turn into peoples opinions of what they thing Christianity is. I feel like this. Just because the bible talks about sin doesnt mean that gives you a liscense to go around telling people how wrong they are. Odds are they already know. I say share Gods love and let that draw them to Christ rather than condemning people.

Best Answer

Sure every Christian has their own version of who Jesus was. And the funny thing is, each Christian is absolutely certain that their version is the correct version. Obviously, all of them can't be right. Therefore, chances are that none of them are right.

Best Answer

What do you have against Christians? You seem to be really into the women's rights thing, why don't you focus on Sharia Law in the Middle East?

Best Answer

I don't dislike Christians, and I work in Turkey so I live Muslim discrimination against women everyday. I'm more interested in how Christians adapt their faith to western society because I think more Christians try to. Plus I think EPers are more qualified to speak on their experiences with Christianity than Islam. Most of us know or are Christians, so I think it's more personal than hypothetical.

Best Answer

That's quite the assumption but ok. Christianity is not flexible. People like to rationalize aspects of it away though.

Best Answer

No, it is not if it true Christianity. I have found no disclaimers in scripture.

Best Answer

yes, amen to that

Best Answer

I think yes.

Some denominations of it don't seem to be though.

Best Answer