Moses is credited with writing the Pentateuch, I think Mohammed is regarded as writing at least part of the Koran, Joseph Smith at the least translated the Book of Mormon, Confuscius wrote, Lao-Tze I think wrote, etc. Just curious
ChipmunkErnie ChipmunkErnie 61-65, M 4 Answers Feb 26 in Doing Good

Credited. LOL Religion is not a credit to anyone but its very human inventor.

Best Answer

That's how I feel, but most seem to have at least some texts supposed to be written by their founder

Best Answer

by a drunk who thought it might turn into a movie one day

Best Answer

Prophet Mohammed didn't write the Quran. The Quran was verbally revealed from God to Prophet Mohammed in 23 years through "Jibreel" the angel.

Best Answer

Right, but I was thinking in the sense that the text was traditionally put down onto paper (or papyrus or whatever) by the founder of the religion himself.

Best Answer

Oh he couldn't write so his companions started writing whatever they memorized from him and after he died they all collected what was written in put it together in the same order he told them.

Best Answer

You sure he couldn't write? He was a highly successful businessman and trader long before he was a prophet, wasn't he?

Best Answer

Yea i'm sure he couldn't read nor write and yes he worked as a merchant.

Best Answer

Either way, it still fits into my question in the sense that traditon has he directly dictated to words, it wasn't written down long after his death from the memories of other people.

Best Answer

You kind of lost me lol. Anyways it wasn't his words, he was told about it and he spread to the people.

Best Answer

It just seemed to me that most religions are based on sacred texts that, at least by tradition, were written down via direct contact with the founder/prophet of the religion, whereas everything in the Christian Testament was written down long after the death of Jesus.

Best Answer

Jesus was a peasant who probably didn't know how to read or write. So it makes sense he didn't write down much.

Best Answer

That's what I thought, but he was also supposedly very learned in Judaism's laws, etc.

Best Answer

Just like the people on here are law, science, and other types of experts

Best Answer

And they all read at write--at least marginally

Best Answer

With caps lock, insults, and no proper nouns

Best Answer