Is that piece of paper worth that 100k(depends...more or less, usually MORE) just to find a "job" in today's economy?.. Risking it by not having any jobs available because of the economy and having to be depressed with MORE debt because of that paper you paid for thousands of dollars...
UniversalSelf19 UniversalSelf19 18-21, M 7 Answers Oct 30, 2011

I don't think so. For example, I am a high school dropout (I have my GED) and I have no degrees whatsoever and I have always found jobs without questions about my education. Keep in mind that I am not career-oriented in the least and I actually like working mundane jobs that have high turnover rates I am not chained to in any way. People talk so much crap about service jobs, but as long as you like what you do it can actually be fun. Like, it really depends on what kind of jobs you want to get though. Personally, I don't think going that deeply into debt is worth it!

Best Answer

wow, I so agree with every bit you say! Still debating on trade school though whether the debt will be as worth it.. Hmmm

Best Answer

its an Iffy choice in the present economy. Trade school might be better for the next few years. Also depends on your major. You can get an AA or AS for pretty cheap by shopping around. Alot of good stuff online.<br />
A question like this came up a few days ago<br />
EP Link

Best Answer

Thank you!

Best Answer

I agree completely, trade schools are a better option and usually much cheaper. It will also give you direct experience in the field you want!

Best Answer

Thank goodness, I always wanted to have that "direct" experience.. Thanks a bunch! Will look into it :)

Best Answer

First decide what you want to do..then come back for suggestions..

Best Answer

They are worth even more nowadays. There are more applicants for every job, than before. You need something to make you stand out from the other applicants. A College degree is the best way to make you stand out.

Best Answer

Education is always worth it. To trot out the old cliche, if you think education's expensive, try ignorance. It might be a bit tough at the moment in the USA to get a job, but elsewhere the future is rosy. In Asia where I live lots of expats get by on having only a thick skin as job qualifications. And, being native English speakers (although often of doubtful competence). If you have that piece of paper your employment is assured. Get educated, graduate, be prepared to travel. You'll find work.

Best Answer

Most companies won't hire unless you have a college degree, the debt you rack up getting a degree sucks!

Best Answer

Yes, absolutely.

Best Answer