Imbroken21 Imbroken21 18-21, M 10 Answers Feb 9 in Health

I think you know the answer to this question. Cutting is a sign of deep emotional pain or distress. By cutting, you concentrate all your pain and focus into a single, manageable form that you can control. Purging indicates a self image problem. Both are very dangerous. Cutting can lead to deep wounds, infection and suicidal behavior. Purging can damage you stomach lining, esophagus, teeth, leads to malnutrition and in extreme forms can be fatal.<br />
Honestly, probably the best way to address these problems is to seek qualified counseling from someone you can trust and relate to. There are also peer group programs that can be very beneficial. Talking to those who know where you've been can help you forge the paths you need to be emotionally healthy. You might also consider in-patient treatment. That offers intense one-on-one and group therapies to get at the root issues. It also teaches life skills so you don't feel you have to turn to these damaging behaviors.<br />
You are worth investing in, my friend. You are unique and precious in this world and deserve to be happy and healthy. Whatever it takes, find and accept the help you need to begin to heal. Nobody wants you to be in such pain. Good luck to you and feel free to reach out any time.

Best Answer

Yes! Especially when you get older.

Best Answer

I don't think it is morally wrong because you are only hurting yourself. I just think it is unhealthy and unnecessary.

Best Answer

yes

Best Answer

:( i really need help.

Best Answer

what is your problem anyway?

Best Answer

Mental disorders

Best Answer

why do you say so? did you go to a psychiatrist?

Best Answer

Yeah

Best Answer

I've had a bunch of tests done.

Best Answer

what kind of mental disorder is your problem anyway?

Best Answer

Bi-polar disorder, Borderline personality disorder, and drug induced psychosis

Best Answer

I see, we'll I don't really know what to say, did you ever try to go to a spiritual retreat?

Best Answer

no

Best Answer

maybe it can help you, it's like isolating yourself for a worldly life for a while to find peace and to have a bonding with God, living a prayerful life and some meditation. it works for me, i don't have a mental disorder though but my mind is sometimes troubled like it was exploding, and well i talk to a nun, priest just to ask advice.

Best Answer

I don't believe in god :/

Best Answer

it's your belief, I'll understand. I can be your friend if you want.

Best Answer

I like to cut the fat off my meat before I eat it.<br />
Thats not wrong!

Best Answer

Do you ever see a fox doing them.. what do you think the fox would say.. ;-)

Best Answer

Im not sure about wrong, but it isnt healthy for sure. Ive known someone that purged. They got help and still doing good now.

Best Answer

How did they get help, i could really use some right now, i'm not doing too good.

Best Answer

Im not sure what all the help she got. I know she did go to see a physicist or counselor that dealt with purging. she may have reicvied other help but not sure.

Best Answer

Cutting losses and purging toxins? No.

Best Answer