As long as trust is something questionable in a relationship, on what grounds is the relationship

Best Answer

Welcome to life, they need to get over it, most everyone has been cheated on, some are lucky enough to know about it. But if they are worried about what someone else has done, don't let them drag that on you.

Best Answer

Yeah, it can work. I was cheated on, but I don't think I'm damaged goods. Luckily my current wife agrees.

Best Answer

I'm in the same situation. I met a guy about a month ago and it was instant connection. I know he's been married & divorced twice, no kids & his last relationship lasted 5 1/2 yrs. They were engaged but she was cheating on him. I recently went through a divorce. I wasn't "married" to my ex for years, so I am very ready to move on. He said he wasn't sure if he was ready to move on. I know he likes me, thinks I'm attractive & likes talking with me. We get along beautifully & have a ton in common. I'm just wondering how I can make him believe that I won't cheat on him or hurt him. I've told him that I don't believe in cheating and that it's the lowest thing someone can do to another person. I have never been cheated on (that I'm aware of) nor have I cheated on anyone. I am a very faithful person to the one that I am dating. I have told him this and that I am a 1 man woman. I don't look or touch or cheat on the man that I am with. I nurture them & care for them & try to make them feel good about themselves. I'd rather they feel happy & cared for & taken care of than myself. How do I get him to trust me & get over his fears?

Best Answer

Trust. No matter which way you look at this, it comes down to trust. Do YOU trust him to not cheat on you? Many have cheated, many have regretted it and moved confidently ahead ... there are those who cheated and, for some time, made a habit of doing it. It's up to YOU if you trust him enough. Other than this, you might consider holding a part of yourself back just to be sure before comitting yourself fully. If the guy respects you, he will run at your pace ... not his.<br />
Good luck to you :)<br />
~F~

Best Answer

I would wonder if it is possible to find a person who has never been cheated on? Sadly, I have never had a relationship where they were faithful to me

Best Answer

Should as long as you're not a piece of crap, losing, cheating - ho. IT SHOULD BE JUST fine...

Best Answer

I guess that depends on what you expect the dating relationship to do. Every relationship "works" in it's own way.

Best Answer

It is hard to trust someone if you have been cheated on, it takes a long time to trust someone else...

Best Answer

Not if that person isn't willing to make a fresh start and leave the past in the past. If the person hasn't healed, it will be more difficult.

Best Answer