Then on a spiritual note… how do you feel, from the promises of God and our commitment to Him... Does it keep us healed and delivered from the addiction?
4UWisdom 4UWisdom 46-50, F 15 Answers Jul 8, 2012

I don't agree with a lot of what A.A. says anymore. Today I'm free to be me as "God" created me. I have no addictions left to "battle" and I no longer feel the need to drink or use to be accepted by society.

Best Answer

Amen...I agree totally

Best Answer

One drink is too many and 1000 drinks not enough. Never take the one drink

Best Answer

Your is the mainstream thought - once an addict, always an addict - but I disagree.

Addictions are a coping mechanism. When you find the avenue out of that which you are trying to escape from, the question is meaningless.

Most people are afraid of letting our corrupt economic model fail, even though it is responsible for almost all war, crime, violence, illness, poverty, failure of education, and depression. Reason?

Most people are addicted to the cortisol that the brain pumps out in the face of anxiety and fear - which is why your government and religions use fear against you. They are pumping you with that which blinds you to your own misery.

It doesn't have to be this way, and once the economy fails, people will begin to detox from fear. Once people have learned how to walk through their fears, they will never again desire it. It's just too painful.

Addictions are a result of our insane cultural worldview.

Best Answer

I disagree... I done meth for years ..then when I was done.. I was done..period.. end of the era.. and no I had not found God at that point... but I did shortly after.. say a year and 1/2.... but when I hit rock bottom.. I just didn't want it.. NOW.. 17 years later I think about it.. but know ..capital KNOW that I would never do it again. I do believe if you pull someone out before they are done they are gonna go back.. they have to hit rock bottom.. : ( sorry dr drew drphil whoever else is playing rehab today.. but when you are done ...if you are ever gonna be.. you will hit bottom and stop.

Best Answer

I truely agree...love your answer..proud of you!!

Best Answer

Thank You ..Blessings <3

Best Answer

no, people change

Best Answer

I've heard some people with addictions say it's forever, and others say they overcame it. 12-step books will tell you 'once an addict, always an addict.' IMO that is fatalistic and minimizes hope. Addiction recovery depends on such things as life experiences, genetics, and getting the necessary sort of help that an individual needs with the issues underlying the addiction. It also depends on how successful they are at establishing habits that are healthier for them.

Best Answer

anyone else find it farrreeakkkyy that when you look at this question about addiction, an ad pops up in the top right corner of the screen for "Clarity Way~ private, luxury alcohol rehab center"??

Best Answer

I don't see it. ;-)

Best Answer

Im not going to take a drink to find out :)

Best Answer

I can see how the "once an addict always an addict" thing works. You can't ever forget how easy it is to feel a little better with (insert-your-chosen-poison).

God doesn't exist. But if you're strong enough and have the right support system there's a chance you can learn how to abstain.

Best Answer