halbert halbert 46-50, M 6 Answers Jul 3, 2012

From what I've read, Google bought Meebo in order to 'crush the competition'. The plan is to unplug Meebo on 7/11 in hopes that people will use Google Plus chat in it's place. That's why that little Google Plus box appeared at the bottom of our screens a few weeks ago.

Best Answer

Seems the Meebo bar isn't going, but the whole Meebo service: http://appadvice.com/appnn/2012/06/meebo-the-end-is-near. Don't worry yourselves though, the Meebo bar will be replaced by something else, and there are plenty of other multi-chat services out there: eBuddy, imo.im (which I use) and more...

Best Answer

I keep getting notifications as well...but I don't see any little google plus box anywhere...<br />
whether it be meebo or something else, i just want easy access to my EP friends!!

Best Answer

I keep hearing about this Meebo thing. I'm fairly new and have no clue what it is. Could someone tell me? Thanks :)

Best Answer

Meebo is a multi-chat network. EP uses the Meebo bar to allow users to chat.

Best Answer

So its different than the whiteboard thing in profiles and the mail box thingy?

Best Answer

Someone forgot to pay the bill.

Best Answer

i heard google took over meebo....i miss it...very upset

Best Answer