emotional abuse hurts too...scars go away words haunt you forever...right?
DementedDreams DementedDreams 22-25, F 29 Answers Aug 8, 2010

Yes, and whats the worst is when you work in customer service and people emotionally abuse you by being rude and the only thing you can do is say...Thank you for calling have a great day.

Best Answer

I believe that emotional abuse is far worse than physical. Yea with physical you may get badly bruised but with emotional it can affect your personally. For example when you are abused you start to believe that what your being told is true. Therefore you lose confindence in yourself. You become nothing because your told your nothing. If you lose your spirit then you lose yourself there is no need to deal with it! DONT LET PEOPLE WALK OVER YOU. YOU ARE IMPORTANT TOO! BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!!!

Best Answer

I actually think it's worse. Physical abuse may leave scars, but they fade, physical wounds heal... but emotional scars are so much harder to forget, to overcome.

Best Answer

to me its worse i mean you may not see the brusiz or the scars but the pain is visible all the same<br />
emotional abuse is more often pushed aside like we are told to grow up get over it bla bla.,<br />
but emotional abuse targets yr weakness's and then it works on yr very core makin you feel worthless and not worthy of anything.,<br />
its just as cowardly as physical abuse its the other own patheticness that lingers with themselves,they cant control ther own worthless existence so they try and control ther surroundings.,<br />
they get a high by watching you squirm.,to the tosser xgod of war *** you its not a mental disorder and mental heath is not anything to joke abt unless you hav it,.<br />
and he/she is wrong people do care its a human weakness caring and gting emotionally attached it all leads to broken hearts.,<br />
no offence but ill stand up for anyone worthy human or not.,

Best Answer

The only difference is emotional abuse doesn't leave physical scars. Get the ---------- out...

Best Answer

For 17 years my dad got drunk every weekend, holiday, etc. and took it out on me. Never physically. Verbally telling me I was stupid, would never be worth anything, too dumb to do anything right, etc. Got married at 17. For over 32 years verbal, emotional and physical abuse. I left the night he tried to choke me. He had beaten me before. The physical abuse is scary and dangerous. Verbal and emotional abuse can cause you to try to commit suicide, abuse yourself, etc. <br />
Emotional abuse, to me is worse, although he's not here anymore, I can still hear the things he told me for so long . . . Worthless, stupid, nobody would ever want you but me, pull your head out of your @@@ , and on and on and on. I can still hear that in my head. But, I don't have bruises anymore. And, I have a wonderful boyfriend who builds me up instead of tearing me down.

Best Answer

I know someone whose partner kicked the living crap outof her on an almost daily basis. She got so used to it that she actually preferred being hit to the torrent of emotional abuse she was subjected to. She said that at least after a physical beating, the visible wounds enabled her to make him feel a degree of shame and therefore gave her a temporary reprieve.

Best Answer

emotional abuse is a lot deeper than physical abuse. I'm ot saying physical abuse isn't hard, because it is ,but emotional abuse makes you hurt on the inside and out.. Words are stronger than some people know..

Best Answer

What is physical abuse if not emotional? It is the emotional impact of physical abuse that does the greater damage; the purely physical injuries are largely meaningless in the big scheme of things. In short, what I mean is that physical abuse is merely a different form of emotional abuse and thus, yes the two are equally harmful. In fact, I'd argue the words often hit harder than punches.

Best Answer

I think it’s worse – because it leaves scars that never really heal. It makes you question your self-worth and your judgement. And it’s very difficult to get out of, because the abuser will make you try to feel like YOU are the crazy one. As a result, you continuously question your own sanity, and wonder if you are over reacting to situations. With physical abuse, you have that physical proof of being hurt – so others (and yourself) are able to see the damage. Mental abuse is a tough one, because unless you have witnesses, its your word against theirs.

Best Answer

All form of abuse are bad, but emotional abuse leaves scars that Never really go away, and it hits the very core of your being!! People who were emotionally abused or neglected as children and teens almost always grow up feeling worthless, stupid and guarded with there own emotions, even if they appear happy and content on the surface!!

Best Answer

payback is a ************* *****. well it will be. My stepfather abused me as a child, I'm biding my time, waiting to physically abuse him when he's a helpless geriatric old man. he made my first 14 years hell, I will make his last 14 days torture, and end it with murder. i just hope he begs me to stop so I can spit in his face and laugh at the ****.<br />
emotional abuse ***** people up for life. case in point.

Best Answer

Both are bad...there are no difference...

Best Answer

Physical, Mental, Emotional abuse is all bad. Yes, emotional abuse seems to run deeper than any. I was married 6 years and it is now 10 years later, it still runs deep in my heart. Definitely harder to let go and trust again. <br />
(and no i am not married anymore... have stayed single for quite some time..... )

Best Answer

They're both bad and, as two posters have pointed out, the worst part of physical abuse IS emotional. If you were in an accident, you would feel bad but knowing that someone you love and trust is hurting you makes it ten times worse.<br />
But, in some respects, emotional abuse is worse. Because it's invisible and all people can see if that the abused person acts weird or is shy or seems underconfident....and most people blame the person for their deficiencies, not having any idea what caused them. People are so often alone with emotional abuse. People who have never dealt with this don't understand why it's such a big deal when it leaves no physical scars. Also, if you have physical damage, other people can see it. But if you have emotional damage, the bully who is tormenting you is likely to get away with it because no one can see it. And because emotional abuse hurts our confidence and sense of self, it is very hard to fight back, and to know we are OK. It damages us at our very core and is very hard to overcome.

Best Answer

i dont think its different in any way, physical abuse it also results in emotional abuse. like when someone who u love and care for hits u, u feel heart not just physical but emotional too. the physical pain goes away but the emotional doesnt.

Best Answer

Having suffered both? For me? The emotional abuse was way worse than the physical abuse. Bruises on the outside healed a lot quicker than the bruises left on my psyche. Some of which will NEVER heal.

Best Answer

People who have experienced emotional abuse tend to be impacted deeper and longer than those with physical abuse, and emotional abuse tends to complicate more aspects of those people's lives.

Best Answer

Emotional abuse is worse because physical wounds can heal, whereas emotional wounds are still attached to a stimulus until the connection is broke.

Best Answer

Hi I truly believe that it is. Okay so your husband,boyfriend ect.didn't give you a black eye or leave a bruise around your arm. But still imagine if it where you and your husband or whatever called you fat, or a **** over time I believe that those things can add up and at some point the girl or boy will snap

Best Answer