sleeplessinflorida sleeplessinflorida 51-55, M 92 Answers May 30, 2010

Simple answer: YES! THEY SHOULD! Who gives a good God Damn about what they do in the bed. They are in love, happy, tax paying citizens. They should be able to marry, share insurance policies, adopt, and anything else. If church and state are so separate then who gives a ******* where you can read the answer to life in some man made book? Maby we should stop being so damn worried about sex and start paying attention to illegal immigrants, taxes, the recession, and maby find an alternative to gasoline. Wow, a concept? Get off your religious high horse and do something that matters!

Best Answer

I really don't care what consenting adults do within their own life choices, and in their own sanctuary. Marrage should not be redefined to accomodate Gay or Lesbian Unions. Common Law definitions are set up to equally protect all Americans. Changing a definition to justify a specific agenda is going to open up Pandora's Box further than it has ever been opened before.

Best Answer

What two CONSENTING ADULTS do is really none of our damn business.

to the 3 Jesus freaks: Your bible is NOT a LEGAL document. When religion last determined the law we had things like inquisitions and crucifixions, witch hunts, and burning at the steak. That may be fine and dandy for you, but imagine if the law was based on some other religion, imagine how persecuted you would feel.

Best Answer

I personally make a distinction between a civil partnership and marriage when the civil partnership conveys ALL of the same benefits and responsibilities as marriage .

I believe that gay people have a right to enjoy ALL of the same benefits and responsibilities in our society as married heterosexuals -- ALL rights and responsibilities.

I do however object to applying the term "marriage." Marriage is a historical and religious practice that was sanctioned by Government. In truth, Government got into the act relatively late as a way of guaranteeing rights to and conveyance of property. Remember, in early marriage, ownership of the wife transferred from the parents to the husband and women had no individual rights to own property, they were property.

Many religions and religious people have honest religious beliefs that homosexuality is wrong and that therefore, marriage of homosexuals is unacceptable. I do not share this belief.

I believe that we as a culture (US and Western culture) and our Government needs to pass laws that enable homosexuals to obtain totally equal treatment under the law -- all benefits, all responsibilities and apply this law to everyone and anyone who "marries." That is, from a civil and legal perspective, essentially abolish the term marriage, replace it with civil partnership, and make marriage a strictly religious institution. Then each and every religion can decide for itself whether or not to sanction the marriage of homosexuals. Of course this also implies that plural marriages should also be allowed in as much as the only objections to plural marriage are religious in nature as well and many cultures throughout the world allow plural marriage.

I can see no justification for our society to prevent homosexuals or multiple partners from enjoying the benefits and responsibilities of marriage. At the same time, I believe that our society must make it far more difficult to divorce and more or less impossible to divorce when children are involved. From a cultural and government perspective, the reasons or justifications for marriage are to ensure the orderly transfer of property, the care of children, and stability of the family.

Allowing homosexuals or plural families to participate would contribute to, not detract from, these governmental interests.

Best Answer

Grab a Bible and read the book of Romans.

Best Answer

Perhaps the question should be phrased differently.....

Is it Biblical...no

Is it legal...in some places

right or wrong ...depends on your upbringing

for the record I think it is wrong to eat a peanut butter banana sandwich!

Best Answer

I don't care if you are gay, staight, bent, crooked, or something else...Marriage in itself is just WRONG. Dont do it!

Best Answer

I'm a hetromale single parent and I think that if you are in love then you should be able to get married. It is not needed but if you want go for it and be happy,Be in love and don't give fig what other people think.

Best Answer

What's so wrong about two people in love?

It's right.

Best Answer

Who cares ?

Best Answer

It is no worse than most of the straight marriages take place.

Best Answer

Yes so very right! Everyone should be entitled to the same misery and happiness!

Best Answer

There is no reason any Gov't will ever create that can ever justify their right to decide who a person can love and partner with. None. I wish the entire LGB community to come together fully as a whole and then possibly the voice might be loud enough to warrant the super ****** up Gov't to listen.

Also quick side comment ot those jumping on the "bible" thing. If God made us..than why did he make some of us gay? LOL I thought the Bible says man was created in his image? ...mmmkay then

Best Answer

It's ridiculous that this is even still a relevant question in 2010. Who are we to judge who someone decides to spend their life with??!

Since when do we allow the government, or society in general to choose who we are allowed to marry?

Best Answer

I'd like to ask the bible beaters (there's a difference between a christian and a bible beater) what effect a gay couple's marriage has on THEIR marriage personally. Last I checked two women or two men being together has had no effect on my relationship...

Best Answer

I think if someone wants to get married they should be able to. But I think they should have to pay for divorce too. Marriage shouldn't be taken lightly. It is a commitment before God and man to stand together through everything and anything. I tried it once. But he wasn't in it for the long haul.

Best Answer

Wrong! (in oh so many ways). There’s nothing wrong with people loving each other (regardless of gender) – even the bible says that. It’s the sex part that’s wrong!!!!

Best Answer

We sin every say
So to say that sex is a sin how do we reproduce to make the next generation
*brain explodes*

Best Answer

Civil marriage: Yup

Religious marriage: if their church, belief, non-belief, boat captain allows it; yup.

What happens between two or more consenting adults is their business. Sure, the insurance industry doesn't know how to have their actuaries handle this, but they can learn.

Best Answer

It is not right or wrong. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS STAY OUT OF THEIR GOD DAMN BUISNESS. As long as they are content with their partner, thats all should matter.

Best Answer

Thanks for your support everyone, i'll remember it. :)

Love is all that matters.

Is Usa free? No way.

We as people are apparently obligated to Live according to the popular vote of others and their selfish ideas.

Best Answer

Gay Marraige is HOMOSEXUALITY and Homosexuality is wrong , its wrong because God says its wrong, and he does have the last word, he allows men time to repent and consider the choices that they have made , Gods long suffering with man is recorded thru out the bible but yet his arm of mercy is outstretched to us still, thru his son Jesus Christ.But this gay marriage thing is clearly a destructive lifestyle, it should be easy for any to understand how that the human race was designed by God for men and women to marry and produce children and continue the human race of people, when we read in the bible of a God who is all powerful and we read of Gods adversary "the devil", Then all we need do is look at life as it is in existence and its obvious that any other type of sexual relationship other than found in a "heterosexual " is an evil way and then it follows is from the devil and not God, in Romans 1:26 and 27 in the new testament of the bible , we find Gods description of what they do. Calling Gay Marriage to be a right thing is to pervert the word of God who has already declared it to be wrong and God is the last word in all matters in life, whether men accept this knowledge is another story. As long as God allows men to roam the earth and live upon it (As he is the giver and sustainer of Life!)there will be those of both sides ,those who will serve God no matter what, and those who will not no matter what , thats the way it is ,but still men ought to naturally be attracted to a woman (a woman has a whole lot to offer a man)she makes the life of man pleasant and worth living ,she makes him happy as he does her , i really dont get why anyone even thinks they have a leg of truth to stand on concerning gay marraige to try to be supportive of it ,when the very idea of it is against nature itself!!!! The conclusion here is that those who will stubbornly continue to live in a gay lifestyle will do it to their own peril, in this life and in the life to come.-thats what i believe and think about gay marraige-tigerspaw1

Best Answer

First, prove that god even exists. For me he doesn't. So your words have no weight.

Best Answer

If you're going to drag biblical rules into the discussion, then I suggest that you also seek to ban capital punishment, self-defense, and remarriage after divorce. (See Matthew and Luke). You cherry-pick your biblical rules at your own peril!

Best Answer

oh wow - god says it's wrong? *slaps palm against forehead* no way! well i guess if god says it's wrong...then i agree dumbly, blindly & ignorantly, & remain COMPLETELY oblivious to the fact that not everyone blindly follows the same faith as me. coz i mean, god said so, for crying out loud!

Best Answer

...ban capital punishment? cummon - the bible loves that ****. stoning people to death, burning "witches" at the stake - it's all fun & games in the name of "god"

Best Answer

Your understanding of God is based on your individual faith. Your God and my God are not the same. If you believe in Jesus Christ, you must believe in forgiveness and redemption.
You do NOT have the right to impose your religious beliefs on me or anyone else. You have every right to practice your own beliefs in your own life, however you choose -- as do I; as do others.

Best Answer