Just an opinion.
JH4K JH4K 18-21, M 39 Answers May 18, 2012

He got out of his car and accosted someone on the street. He was not defending himself. 911 told him not to get out of the car, and he did so anyhow. He put himself in the situation.

If I were walking down a street and someone with a gun came up to me, I would surely try to beat the hell out of them too.

He is guilty of horrible judgement - and that led to the death of someone else - so if its not murder, it is at the very least manslaughter.

He is guilty. Period.

Best Answer

Wow, when did "you don't need to do that sir" a cease and desist order? (Note that the dispatcher didn't even try to argue with Zimmerman about it when he said he was going to follow the kid.)

Best Answer

He put himself in danger by getting out of the vehicle. The police had been notified and were on their way. No one else was in immediate danger. It was not Stand Your Ground, it was not self-defense.

Best Answer

Still not Murder 2. The guy can claim that he did so because the cops aren't responsive and he felt he had an obligation. The fact is that the history in his area is that he cops aren't responsive. That's a fact. There's a reason why Florida has a a stand your ground law in the first place.

Best Answer

Read what I said - if its not murder, its still manslaughter. And he wasn't standing his ground. He was perfectly safe until he EXITED his vehicle.

Best Answer

Eyes - but he's going to trial for manslaughter. As I understand the laws in Florida, the judge cannot impose a lesser charge. (Maybe someone else knows for sure.)

Best Answer

I have no control over that - but he is guilty of taking a life - what that means for the verdict is another thing altogether.

Best Answer

If you have to tell your neighborhood watch your kid is at your house, that is fascist. And Zimmerman wasn't in his neighborhood minding his own business, he was following someone who had every right to be there. With a gun.

Best Answer

I have arrested many fugitives in the past 28 years of my life , I have never had to discharge my gun once you have your weapon drawn

99.9 % of people surrender . First of all the child wS not armed not with a gun. Self defense is when you have to kill or shoot in order to save your own life ... I Dont see how his life wS in imminate danger.

Now if you give a "coward" a gun he will use it at lower stakes out of fear . Most People dont shoot because they are brave they shoot because they are scRed. Now in July of 09 my best friend was shot point blank in the chest by a fugitive , he died

Again they shooter was scared ge was facing a long prison term , he later hung himsf in jail again he was a coward . I think Zimmerman is a coward and he took a child's life in fear not self defense !

Best Answer

I have had to fight off a much larger defendant but since I am trained I know how to defend my life a d am aware that tKjng a life is my last resort , perhaps these peoe need proper training I am a 5 ft female any man is stronger than me I cant win but I can survive unless there is a gun involved . I M sorry
He has a job That requires training . Obviously he had none . Shame on the development and so called security co.

Best Answer

Definately there should be more value on human life wether thd person is a criminal or a citizen he still is human Abd everyone's life is valuable . We are nit judge and jury that is why we live in the greatest country in the world !

Best Answer

greenbare,
in all self defense, if a kid have a gun, yes, zimmerman can shoot him in self defense only if opponent's gun is drawn. you can't shoot someone unarmed. Cerxx is right, since he is a law enforcer. last i checked this post is all about opinions, you can't go and judge against someone opinions, and say what you want to say. we said what we want to say the first time around. get over yourself, coward!

Best Answer

He wasn't a "child." Can we stop with the nonsense? Trayvon was 17 - not 10. As for the rest of your rant, Zimmerman said he was scared - it's in the deposition. He was scared that the kid was reaching for his gun. For someone who claims to be a cop, you do a lot of monday morning quarterbacking. If the cops in that area had been doing their jobs, it wouldn't have been an issue in the first place.

Best Answer

He wasn't attacked - he was the one who approached the kid - you seem to be ignoring that fact.

Best Answer

People are allowed to approach each other. The question is who ATTACKED whom? If Zimmerman went up and confronted Trayvon non=physically,a nd Trayvon swung at him, then yes, that would make Trayvon the attacker the same way that I can approach you in the street and ask you something and it's not assault.

Best Answer

I find no need to unduly each other I in my opinion feel if it weapon is drawn on me I would shoot first ask questions later if I sm being beat I would try to get Awsy out of the situation I value human life and I know by experience and bring the parent if a 23 21 Abd 18 they are alm still kids ! You don't kill someobe cause hr out powers you which I doubt a 17 year kid can out smart or out power a grown *** man and knowing he is armed !!!! But everyone is entitled to their opinion . That's y we have constitutional rights all og us even that 17 year ok'd BOY!!! I am out of this one this just got ugly !

Best Answer

Child?

Best Answer

let me bang your head on the cement and let's see if you turn into a coward too.

Best Answer

I guarantee you if I am doing my job and I Am armed you will not get close enough to bang ny head against anything Abd I wouldn't have to kill you !

Best Answer

Unbelievable !!!! I sm convicting NO ONE I am stating my opinion what you believe or don't is as valuable ad toilet paper to me what I DO KNOW FACTUALLY, is that it is very rare especially for a young person to attack a person armed and I Aldo know that before confronting ANY SUSPECT ANY RACE CREED OR COLOR my weapon would be drawn locked and loaded to avoid
Any possible harm to either of us. I lost my partner and best friend July 9,2007 . In a similar incident . Although it hurts and I love Him dearly ... Always I reAlize he made a mistake . Perhaps you should state your opinion on the Zimmerman matter and keep your derogatory statements towards others to yourself . You have insulted someone you don't know .

Best Answer

The "child" had thc in his blood stream.

Best Answer

A gun permit doesn't give you the right to carrydo yes If I break into your home please do shoot

Best Answer

Eyes I think alot of people ate commenting on here say .. They need to read how the original police report was withheld for a month when the first officer to get to the scene wanted to charge him (Zimmerman ) on the spit with manslaughter because he disobeyed orders from the police and pursued and approached the boy .......
Now the boy is not here how do we know what he was thinking? If someone follows you and approaches you wouldn't you defend yourself ...
This is sickening I don't care what color any one if them were . I believe he broke the law by doing exactly what he wS told
not to . If he would have done as he wS told no one would be dead and no one
Would be facing charges

Best Answer

He is guilty of following someone despite being advised not to. He was trying to be a big shot. Trayvon had enough of being followed and assaulted Zimmerman and got himself shot. If Zimmerman had done the right thing and stayed in his vehicle it wouldn't have happened. Voluntary Manslaughter- Imperfect self defense. *Pounds gavel**

Best Answer

Zimmerman is lucky it wasn't me..if he had followed me and chased me with a weapon..I would definitely have got off the first five rounds..I don't go out without my Ruger Speed Six 357..there would have been no trial for him..and if in Texas..I would have been no billed..

You can't stalk someone and then shoot them..too bad that kid was unarmed..

No one but no one is going to accost me and threaten me ..I will Stand My Ground..get a clue..get your hideaway and your ccw...

Best Answer

Amen sista!

Best Answer

It's funny that no one seems to believe that Trayvon could be "acting suspicious" (he was just being profiled because he was black, right?) But Zimmerman can't just walk behind someone -- he has to be "STALKING" or "HUNTING" him. Loaded words there - but it doesn't matter. What matters is who got physical first really.

Best Answer

Zimmerman was following him in a car and Martin was calling his sister on his cell phone telling her someone was following him and he was really scared..That's okay tho..don;t you ever get alarmed if you are walking late at nite and someone is trailing you for a ways in a car..and then on foot..they just want to be friends..
What is it with the Zimmerman defenders..?..Is it cuz Martin was black?..If Martin was white and Zimmerman was black..would you be hollering the other way around?..I don;t care if they were both green..you start following me like that at night and I am going to slip my 357 out of my purse or jeans and we will see what happens..
You better know me ..and I better know you cuz if we don;t we don;t have anything to talk about..I don;t want to be a dead girl in a ditch..
And I truly wonder how Zimmerman got those injuries...

Best Answer

I am not sure you are surprised..what surprises me is your statement that Zimmerman was.."part of a neighborhood watch and everyone knew it."...Who is everyone?..
You are right tho..part of the neighborhood WATCH..which he turned into vigilante..
In Texas he might very well not have been no billed..I'm not so sure..he broke the directive of the police to Neighborhood Watch...
"Sanford Police volunteer program coordinator Wendy Dorival, told the Miami Herald that she met Zimmerman in September, 2011 at a community neighborhood watch presentation. Dorival stated that she gave a warning to participants at the presentation: “I said, ‘If it’s someone you don’t recognize, call us. We’ll figure it out,’ ” Dorival said. “‘Observe from a safe location.’ ”
He did not do this..one of the things you have to look at is that Zimmerman got out of the vehicle and chased Martin..he must have been running pretty hard to catch him..he got right on Martin..by the fact they had a physical altercation..Martin did not chase Zimmerman..
Even a peace officer would not take the actions that Zimmerman took..what he did was absurd..Zimmerman was not a cop..he was a criminal justice major..carrying a saturday night special..
As a moderate leaning towards conservatism ..I still believe that a person has the right to walk freely in our neighborhoods..
If Zimmerman had stayed in his vehicle and waited for the cops this would never have happened..the cops would have showed up and identified Martin and sent him on his way..only 70 yards from the home of his father..
But my whole statement was concerning myself..better not accost me in the dark because I don't go anywhere unarmed..I take measure to protect myself...
Don;t let Jackson and Sharpton color your judgement..this isn;t about color..its about freedom..and the right to move around freely without worrying about someone chasing you in the dark and then pursuing you on foot..and if I was unarmed?..I would be using everything I had..fists, nails and feet to do as much damage as I could to protect myself...
I'm not going to judge Zimmerman..I am just stating that he would have met a different outcome if he did to me what he did to Martin..it would have been Zimmerman dead...and maybe I would have been on trial..
One last thing..Zimmerman may have had a right to carry a weapon..but he was NOT a peace officer..and he didn;t get the right to carry a weapon because he was part of a neighborhood watch..but only because he was a citizen..just like me...

Best Answer

He killed that boy. No one disputes that. And he is also responsible for any confrontation that led up to the killing because he was told by the cops not to follow the kid.

Best Answer

Lilannie - Not necessarily at all. First off, it was a dispatcher saying "You don't need to do that." She neither identified herself as a police officer nor did she make any attempt to re-enforce the request when Zimmerman said he was continuing to follow. Second point, Zimmerman had every right to approach Trayvon the same way that you could approach me in the street. Questions aren't assault. What really matters is who made a physical threat first? Something tells me if Zimmerman had pulled the gun first Trayvon would have run or stopped - not swung.

Best Answer

You see a prowler in your neighbor hood at night , you call 911, you know that it is going to take up to 20 minuets for the police to arrive. It's not unreasonable to follow the prowler to see where he is going so you can point it out to the police when they get there. In the process the prowler attacks you and is beating the snot out of you, you are afraid for your life and use deadly force to defend yourself. later it is learned that the prowler had an illegal drug in his system., are you guilty of murder or even manslaughter - NO!

Trayvon could have confronted Zimmerman and explained what he was doing out there at night without attacking and initiating a fight. The very fact that trayvon chose to attack instead of confront says a lot about what he was up to.

Best Answer

I think he's going to walk.

The prosecution probably could have gotten manslaughter - but Murder 2 requires proof he meant to kill the kid. Too much evidence points away from that.

The shame is that without the rush to judgement and Jesse, Al and Farrahkan getting involved this probably would have been handled as a manslaughter charge and justice done.

Best Answer

Right Again

Best Answer

Well, he obviously killed that boy. The only way he may not be guilty is if "stand your ground" permits you to arm yourself, pick a fight with an unarmed person, and then kill them when you start to lose the fight.

Best Answer

It's Florida, so it might.

Best Answer

Why isn't Trayvon allowed to defend himself?

Best Answer

IMHO, He's guilty of poor judgement, but not of manslaughter. The victim was definitely not an "Innocent" victim. I question the whole idea of "neighborhood watch" with a concealed gun, and no training to go with it. Bad ju-ju.

Best Answer

Bless your heart. Arizona stands right up front when it comes to common sense. And I'm from Florida.. Northern Central Florida is a lot like Texas.. small towns, and open country. We grew up carring firearms often.N obody wigged out, or had a problem with it. And violent crime was pretty much nonexistent.

Best Answer

Probably guilty of something...

Best Answer

that's for the courts to decide

Best Answer

Trayvon physically assaulted a man and got shot over it. We don't know the conversation the two had, but it was just that a conversation. Reports indicate that while Zimmerman was walking back to his car , Trayvon follows him and hits Zimmerman from behing beginning a violent physical assault. If Trayvon had continued on his way home he'd be alive, but he physically attacked Zimmerman and got shot because of it. It was no crime for Zimmerman to ask Martin questions, who are you? Why are you here? Etc.....it was a crime for Trayvon to violently assault Zimmerman. As with most black males Trayvon couldn't have Zimmerman "dissing " him and had to show Zimmerman that he was indeed "hood"! Well hood justice got Trayvon shot. I'm sorry that he was shot, but as you say if Zimmerman stays in his car then nobody gets shot, well to further that if Trayvon doesn't attack Zimmerman nobody gets shot either.

Best Answer

I'm in the UK and the only knowledge I have of this case is from EP. I have no firm opinion one way or the other on whether Mr Zimmerman should be found guilty or not guilty of murder.

However, I will say that, whilst appreciating criminals and others do have guns in the U.K., thank heavens it's not the 'norm' for the general public over here to carry guns ; we have enough problems with the proliforation of knife attacks over the past few years.

Best Answer

I don't know if he is guilty, nor do you. I refrain from judging people when I do not know the facts. He has not had a trial by jury yet. They will determine his guilt or innocence, not the media, you or me.

Best Answer

Do we still have your permission to talk about it?

Best Answer

If you feel qualified, be my guest.

Best Answer

Can this topic die already? Sheesh people kill people all the time, kids get murdered, elderly gets kidnapped and malnurished, etc. Just drop the topic and move on to something less depressing.

Best Answer

I totally disagree with you , this wS someone's child , nothing cN bring him back but if people don't take stand and something doesn't happen it can be anyones child next, for this who have children it is scary

Best Answer

Cerxx - It was also someones homes. Multiple ones that had been broken into and peoples hard earned goods stolen. If the cops hadn't been apathetic, Zimmermans patrols never would have been necessary. Maybe the cops should be on trial too here.

Best Answer

If you fear for your children you should teach them to not attack and beat strangers.

Best Answer

I agree on paytoling, but how does anyone beat up an armed person ? You know when your life is threatened you draw they freeze or run from you!!!!!!!!
Zimmerman attacked boy boy over powered him he shot ! That was wrong !!!!
I am living witness to the fact no matter how big your opponent a guns barrel makes them shrivel

Best Answer

He sure should get a fair trial ... With the true facts

Best Answer

You can teach your children all you want! They listen to what they want . You don't have to teach don't attack an armed person survival instincts kick in . They won't . Now when ge was attacked and he was winning fight zimmermans instincts kicked in and he killed

Best Answer

Guilty or innocent of what?

2nd degree murder? I don't think there is sufficient evidence of murder 2. There is a quite a bit of reasonable doubt.

Of Manslaughter? Not as sure about that one, as I am about murder 2. I don't think Zimmerman is guilty of manslaughter either, but it wouldn't surprise me either if he was convicted.

Of making a really bad decision? Zimmerman is absolutely guilty of stupidity. But then again, so was TM.

Best Answer

We are all entitled to an opinion. Obviously the special prosecutor things he's guilty, but we should await the trial.

Best Answer

One. who here has ever heard of neighborhood watch being strapped bcuz i haven't. Two. it doesnt matter if he was white or black he killed a kid. Three. the reason why this has so much lets say "heat" around it is because this dude is white, and killed a defenseless black kid for no reason. Now you can say what you want about Treyvon you can say what you want about Zimmerman. you can say what you want about their races, how dumb or smart they are WHAT HAVE YOU. but that muthafucka is guilty of SOMETHING. Zimmerman wanted to shoot that gun. He just wasnt thinking of the consequences afterwards. THANKS FOR LISTENING YALL!!!

Best Answer

I would say he fallowed when not to so the makes him guilty of something,, either neglence homicide, or manslaughter,, but not murder

Best Answer

This shooting would not have been called self-defense IF Zimmerman were a real police officer, driving a marked police car, and he had chased Martin down with his flashing lights. IF he had identified himself as a police officer with a real uniform and badge and Martin assaulted him with nothing but his fists- this still would not be justified as self-defense. Forget race- I have a 17 year old son who is 6-2 and weighs over 200 pounds. He has been caught smoking dope before (by me) and got suspended from school twice for fighting (in four years). If he was being stalked by someone in an unmarked car and then confronted by them he would probably beat the hell out of them too. I'm white, carry a gun, vote republican lol, and live in Fla.

Best Answer