we were together eight months.. but he started seeing me as 'vaction time' (meaning I was expected to be pleasant and shallow and never speak about life stresses while he could ALWAYS come to me about his and he always did) to the point where I was so afraid to talk to him about stuff I'd just talk to my girlfriends and other guys..and eventually wanted to cheat on him. so I broke up with him, but remembering the good made me regret it in a few hours. Anyways after talking to him the next morning we have decided to take a break.. but his birthday is soon and not much later I'm leaving the country for a while.. what's the right thing to do anyways if i don't want this to be over forever?
MrsRight MrsRight 18-21, F 5 Answers Jul 23, 2012

I had an ex who acts like that.. Its ok for him to talk about whats bothering him and if i did it turns into this whole ur insecure and unstable fight we would take a break for few weeks and it goes back to the same pattern<br />
After a while i realised that the only reason he never breaks up with me cuz i was the only one who listens to him and stood by him through tough times but he was selfish and he didnt care about my feelings at all. I loved him a lot and i didnt want to lose him but seeing how i was hurting myself i became strong enough and broke up with him

Best Answer

wow, yeah... man. ;/

Best Answer

there is something to wanting a person to hang out with and just having it be nice and easy and not talk about anything serious; but that should not be the person you are involved in a romantic or intimate relationship with; if someone wants that sort of relationship it's more because they want you as a **** buddy than as a serious romantic partner, and you should find someone who wants a real relationship

Best Answer

that is what I've tried to say to him in the past.

Best Answer

i've had that relationship too; with a divorced woman; i think for people who've been in a long relationship sometimes they just need their space. there's nothing you can really do to change the other person's state of emotional readiness for a relationship...

Best Answer

If he you have to act shallow to be with him and he wants to use you as a sounding board for his life issues but can't return in kind he's not the guy for you.<br />
As for the drama, I don't blame you for not wanting it in your life. Drama is a buzz kill for anyone. I vote that you live your life and chalk this up to a learning experience.

Best Answer

thanks for your advice. i don't want to let go but maybe I should consider it when people keep saying it. maybe I am wrong.

Best Answer

Birthdays happen every year, if you're gonna be with this guy, it'll all fall into place. For now, the trip out of the country may be the perfect amount of time for him to realize what he is missing.

Best Answer

I know but I'd honestly like to deal with it before I go. I don't want to leave this hanging over my head for over a month if it's not going to work out either way you know.. I guess I'd just like answers sooner rather than later.. I don't want to think what if I had tried one more time so of course I want to talk about it after a while. But honestly I'm young and if it doesn't have a chance I would just like to move the heck on you know? you're probably right, I just don't like leaving things in limbo for very long.

Best Answer