jazzsoalex jazzsoalex 16-17, M 22 Answers Jun 13, 2012

There shall be no other God's before him... but I don't believe that he is jealous and petty in the sense that human jealousy alludes to... I think it is more about respecting the power and authority. ;)

Best Answer

Jealous meaning

adjective

1. feeling resentment against someone because of that person's rivalry, success, or advantages (often followed by of ): He was jealous of his rich brother.

2. feeling resentment because of another's success, advantage, etc. (often followed by of ): He was jealous of his brother's wealth.

3. characterized by or proceeding from suspicious fears or envious resentment: a jealous rage; jealous intrigues.

4. inclined to or troubled by suspicions or fears of rivalry, unfaithfulness, etc., as in love or aims: a jealous husband.

5. solicitous or vigilant in maintaining or guarding something: The American people are jealous of their freedom.

I think that God is a jealous God, but not the way we think.I think he is a jealous God according to the meaning of the word in definition number 5..

"For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:" Exodus 34:14

Best Answer

No, that's just another manipulation. Jealousy and love can't live in the heart of the righteous. If it's truth, no coercion need be involved.

Best Answer

jealousy doesn't have to involve coercion though.

Best Answer

That statement in biblical terms is used to convey that there will be punishment for not following the one true God. Can't read the original text to say it's misinterpreted.

Best Answer

i believe yes

Best Answer

According to some writings, Gods name is /Jeolous!

Best Answer

It is said in the Bible that God is a Jealous God. But when we think of jealousy, it usually means we envy something that someone else has.

In the Bible God's jealousy means his unending love, care and cocern for his people.

Best Answer

Not jealous but certainly selfish.

Best Answer

One definition of jealousy is: "solicitous or vigilant in maintaining or guarding something".

God knows it is best for everyone that they revere and honor Him above anyone and anything else. So, because of His love for us, He is a jealous God.

Deuteronomy 4:24

"For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God".

Best Answer

yeah thats why Buddah disappeared after our affair

Best Answer

Yes, definitely, but only with Himself.

If man worshipped God, he must know God

through His Manifestions, not at all with

his thinking or imagination. Worshipping God

in wrong ways is more harmful than worshipping idols.

Repentance is easier in the latter circumstance.

Best Answer

YES I AM!!! SO, WHEN YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT ME, YOU ASK ME!!! GOT IT???!!!!

NOW GET IN THE KITCHEN AND COOK MY DINNER *****!!!

Best Answer

no i think his an ipatient one though.

Best Answer

No. God is good and who ever is trying to put something else in your head you shouldnt listen to. God is greatness nothing less.

Best Answer

Yes, that's why he says no less than 38 times only worship me. Which means he knows that there are other gods but he's telling you he's the best one so only pick him.... or burn forever. Egotistical, egocentric, manipulative, jealous... and kind of a jerk too.

Best Answer

his priests are for sure but if he does exist I doubt he cares how you find your way to him if you do

Best Answer

If God is a jealous god, who is he jealous of? That's what I want to know. Can't be jealous if you are the only god in existence.

Best Answer

jealous of anyone that takes our attention away from Him. The way i understand it, He knows that's what will make us happiest, to put our full attention on Him.

Best Answer

I suggest you question god every chance you can, but always love him; if only as a concept.

Best Answer