It can be, certainly. Consider you have a family member who is happy in all that s/he does, and the *last* thing on their mind is *you*. Happiness is a personal feeling, of course, and it's a feeling of well-being. I've met plenty of happy self-centred people in my time, whilst I have met as many happy people who are happy and share their joy. That's what it means (to me) when a person is happy. A happy person shares their joy with others in the smallest ways as well as bigger ways, but it should be said that there are *some* happy people out there who are wrapped un inside themselves and who don't see outside their own windows.<br />
Good question.<br />
~F~

Best Answer

Yes and no. Sometimes helping someone else will make me happy.

Best Answer

Meaning is it selfish to be happy? No, not entirely. Those that love you want you to be happy. My children for example...they are very intuitive creatures and can sense when I am unhappy, which makes them unhappy...thus, I try to be happy for them as well as myself. That said, a little selfishness is not necessarily an evil or bad thing as long as no one is seriously hurt.

Best Answer