EnigmaVest EnigmaVest 22-25, M 24 Answers Aug 16, 2009

No. Memory and most intelligence are in different parts of your brain. Some mentally challenged people have an amazing photographic memory. As do chimps. And some of the greatest minds can not remember what they have written down.

Best Answer

No, it's a sign of having a bad memory

Best Answer

It certainly isn't a sign of HIGH intelligence...and furthermore...er..what was I saying...must be the meds ...u have meds? Can I get some?

Seriously, memory is not independent of intelligence, SunshineEddy, IQ tests include remembering things and you get a lower score if you can't remember those parts. Absentminded geniouses are so focused on higher thinking they ignore the mundane. It doesn't mean they have a BAD memory, just that they don't BOTHER to remember what they consider irrelevant. Idiot savants only point up how complicated the brain is.

Best Answer

Crikey No!!....What was the Question again?

Best Answer

Sometimes it's a sign to put down the bong.

Best Answer

No, you're smart as ****, remember that.

Best Answer

No I think I heard once that Einstein had to have a card with his own address on it to find his way home.

Best Answer

Not exactly.Memory is traditionaly equaled with intelligence because people with very good memories gain more knowledge faster than anybody else.But it's not exactly what you know that's defining intelligence,it's what you do with this knowledge.Einstein said that imagination is much more important than knowledge and I agree with that.Memory isn't going to make you a genius.And the savant syndrome tells us that.There are rare cases of people with severe mental delays which are exceptional in one way or another.For example one of them,Kim Peek,has been dubbed as the human computer,he can remember eveything he has ever read or heard.And still,he can't tie his shoes or get dressed by himself.This goes to show that memory and intelligence don't have any correlations whatsoever.

Best Answer

it's a sign of getting older.

Best Answer

I think not, Elber Einstine used to write notes so he would not have to remember what was on it.

Best Answer

hell no! just because you cant remember something doesnt mean you dont know anything.

anyone who thinks that is ignorant - people are different thats the way life is!

Best Answer

No...it's a sign of being overwhelmed in thought. Take a vacation!

Best Answer

No. This is where the "use it or lose it" phrase applies. Do brain excercises and memory will improve. I believe you can create new neuropathways or regenerate cells or something...

Best Answer

Not necessarily. Sometimes it can be a result of too much stress.

Best Answer

Intelligence and memory are two distinct aspects of our mind. He who has high intelligence will become a ruler; he who has good memory will become a robot. We need good training and good using of both to become ordinary human beings.

Best Answer

No way, Enigma! In fact, I think a bad memory often comes with higher intelligence. Memory and intelligence are independent of the other...

Best Answer

wow... im F*CKED

Best Answer

lol, if it is, I must have the lowest intelligence of anyone on this planet...my memory is so messed up, i can't even remember what i had for dinner last night...but i can remember the exact floor plan of my old house...which i haven't been in for about 8 years now. I don't think it's a sign of poor intelligence...everyone's mind works different and some people have amazing memories, while other people just don't...they contribute to the world in a different way, maybe they're good in sports or art...or somethin' of the like. I don't think it shows poor intelligence.

Best Answer

No it just may be a sign that you need a brain MRI.

I had one, only to find out I have MS. Its just better to be safe, than sorry!!!!!

Best Answer