It's time to consider who you want to be, where you want to be and why you want to be there. Without knowing the dynamic, it's hard to judge the situation. But at some point, you need to let your dad be grumpy-or at least figure out what bad can come of his irrational moments. You need to see yourself as the adult you've become and realize that whatever journey your dad's on is not the one you're on. <br />
Sometimes it's about soup. Sometimes, it's about more.

Best Answer

i wish it was about soup

Best Answer

Eat the soup next time. And say "thank you". It may have been a bit lame, but it was his way of caring for you.

Best Answer

He's a jerk. Canned soup isn't exactly a labour of love. I cook a great deal so I -am- insulted if my wife doesn't want to eat something I think is good (which is rare), but canned soup is not good. It just sounds like your dad was being a cranky old bastard. That said, a few mouthfuls of soup might save you the pain of dealing with his temper tantrum next time.

Best Answer