My friends ALWAYS want to hitchhike when we come from bars because it's fun they say. I wonder if it's that fun anymore if you end up r@ped or dead in some ditch. So far I've managed to convince them to go with the cab but obviously it costs money and isn't as "fun" as hitchhiking. Am I paranoid about this or do you think it's dangerous?
Cinnaw Cinnaw 18-21, F 8 Answers May 3 in Community

Absolutely ******* yes for all the above reasons. You ready to bet your life. Ask all the parents that has lost their children while they were hitchhiking.

Best Answer

I would never risk it. Too many young women disappear to never be seen again or are found dead.

Best Answer

I have always been the "mother figure" who tries to make sure everyone is safe and doesn't take stupid risks. I don't want myself or my friends to get hurt because of a stupid thing like that. I hate that role because I feel like I'm always the boring friend who denies all the fun...

Best Answer

I done it across Europe in my younger days. I must admit I had a fantastic time.<br />
That being said I think these days the world has more freaks than it had back then.

Best Answer

Also you're a guy... it might be bit different for 3 girls? Though I live in a small country in Europe that is quite safe. But all it needs is some bad luck because of course we got some sick individuals too.

Best Answer

I was 12 to 13 when I done it

Best Answer

Wow.

Best Answer

My brother used to hitchhike and he had some scary stories about people, although he survived. He lived out west in the states and apparently it is more common out there (have no idea if it is legal in any state in America). Where I live, I have only seen one person hitchhiking in recent times. As a woman, I would be scared to try it.

Best Answer

probably safer nowadays that eveyone has cell phones in case of emergency

Best Answer

Your friends dumb *****.

Best Answer