creatingharmony creatingharmony 51-55, F 7 Answers Nov 27, 2012 in Community

Cuba--no sh!t-- No one sleeps on the streets

Best Answer

How does Cuba accomplish that?

Best Answer

I was there in 1999- No one is hungry- every one has beautiful teeth and children are cherished. Every square block is assigned a family doctor, or general practitioner, who lives in a small, two-storey house in the neighbourhood. The bottom floor is used to receive patients and the top floor becomes the doctor's living quarters. Prevention includes food, shelter and healthcare. It is beautiful

Best Answer

well that is wonderful. Sometimes I need to hear about what is going right somewhere in the world

Best Answer

UK - not being homeless itself<br />
There are other laws that can be used to arrest somebody if the police want to arrest you though

Best Answer

In the US, it's not illegal to be homeless, but it's illegal to beg or sleep on the streets. So yes and no.

Best Answer

if it is not illegal to be homeless, then why do the police knock on our van in the middle of the night and tell us that city ordinances forbid "camping" in the city limits?

Best Answer

Because the camping is illegal. That's what I'm saying - it's not literally illegal to be homeless, but it may as well be, because all the things that entail homelessness, such as sleeping outside an owned house, begging, loitering, etc, are illegal.

Best Answer

Begging has no penalty in most jurisdictions

Best Answer

They'll arrest you where I live if you don't clear out when they ask you to. :(

Best Answer

sleeping. That is what is illegal.

Best Answer

Social status is always a tough one to negotiate.

Best Answer