Homeschooling only works if the parent is passionate, patient and determined, and the child(ren) are respectful of the parent. This is not for everyone, but when it works it WORKS. My son is a sophomore in a top Engineering school and my daughter is a high school senior. Homeschooling was the best thing I've ever done, but it really is not for everyone. Think long and hard, and yes, think about the negatives -- there are always negatives, but do they outweigh the benefits? Good luck to all who take this on!!

Best Answer

I don't think that public school is positive socialization. most areas have homeschool groups that you can go to for companionship, some might even mentor you. but it is true that it's not for everyone. you should do ALOT of research before jump into it.

Best Answer

well. School isnt just about learning things, its about helping your child develop people skills and adapting himself in that environment. Thats something that evolves with you through life. And also group work with other students, how to function in a group, communication...all that stuff is really important, not just the content of what hes learning.<br />
make sure you have a reallllllll long hard think before you do it. Dont just think of the advantages. This is his/her future after all, so be careful

Best Answer

Tried it and it was a disaster. I know it is different with all kids. It was really not for me.

Best Answer